Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: You know what makes me mad?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You know what makes me mad?

I buy a new bait and it really works good. I go back to get some more and either they don't carry them any more or they stopped making them.

What would be nice is a comprehensive list of everybody that sells crappie fishing supplies. Maybe I could take your input and make a sticky with that list under our new buy/sell trade section. Whatcha think?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renosky spinnerbait

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I buy a new bait and it really works good. I go back to get some more and either they don't carry them any more or they stopped making them.

What would be nice is a comprehensive list of everybody that sells crappie fishing supplies. Maybe I could take your input and make a sticky with that list under our new buy/sell trade section. Whatcha think?
    I hear you on this issue. Last spring I bought a cheap looking "Renosky" spinnerbait type rig, very similar to a beetle spin except it had a very fake looking bluegill body, about an inch and a half long with a curly twister tail. I bought it at Walmart for like a dollar. I was fishing the pond/lake where I live one afternoon with traditional crappie tube jigs with no luck. So I tied on this ugly lure just to experiment. My first three casts resulted in 3 bass, one 2 pounder, and 2 others about 3 or 4 pounds, the fourth was a decent 12 inch crappie. The fifth and sixth cast didn't produce any fish. The seventh and eighth cast resulted in a 4 lb channel cat, and a 5 lb flathead. The ninth cast resulted in a snag and lost lure. Each time I go back to Walmart I check to see if they have the same lure, but they never do. I did find it on the Renosky website, but the shipping is outragous for a couple dollars of lures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crappie66; 05-27-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I can speak to this.

It seems that in order to make a profit one needs to catch fishermen, not fish with their products. Baits that catch fish may, or may not, catch fishermen and therefore die a slow death unless there is a local group of suficient number that know the benifits of the bait to keep it afloat.

The bait you depict looks like a winner to me, but not very atractive to a typical wallmart shopper so the company is likely dead, but still cathing fish on the remaining inventory they are sitting on. Not rich, but happy just the same.

Cheers...

Post Thanks / Like

Sound's good to me IBNFSHN, Then if we thought of something we need we could probbally find it here in stead of going all over the world to find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Renoski Spinner Bait

Hey Crappie 66, Thanks for the tip. I am going to look in the Wall Mart here for them.I am a sucker for a blugill bait and this has proved it works. Thanks Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Renoski Lures

Hey Crappie 66, What was the web site for the renoski lures, If I can't find them at wall mart, I would like to order a few, even if the freight is a little high. Thanks Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Renorsky Lures

Thanks Wayne! Good fishing my friend. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found baits in stores that they say they don't make anymore but if you can find the company name and web address some times there are way of getting them when they don't make them anymore like ask the company for them. I looked high and low for bass magnets and finally found them on the web and order them. Cost a little but it was worth it.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, if a lure is catching a lot of fish, I'm not the only one who knows it. There's a tri-color tube that I'm just knocking them dead with right now. I've been looking for more but there are never any on the shelf. Tuesday I saw that there were a ton of them out so I bought three packages. I started thinking that maybe I should have bought more so I went back next day. All gone. If they're biting on them for you, you can count on other folks having good luck with them as well.

-S