Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey gcromer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey gcromer.

I wont be at the fall brawl , as the north carolina board guys are throwing a tournament that same weekend for night fishing.If you dont want to drive so far you should think about coming to lake wylie that weekend.I would like to hook up with you guys some time as we're not so far apart.I live in blacksburg along int.85.and fish lake wylie most often.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi big "E"
    We've been going to the Fling and the Brawl for a couple of years now. The wife goes along and just relaxes for a week in the hills while I fish or I call it fishing..

We aren't far apart. I'm in Cayce, just outside of Columbia.. I've never fished Wylie, but I do read the fine North Carolina group page. Now those guys really know how to share fishing stories. I've thought about fishing Wylie, just never got around to it. I do fish Wateree in the spring, but spend most of my time in the fall and winter in the Santee swamp. We had a good winter this past year. I normally don't fish after it gets hot..

Don G and Blackie are just inside Va. and I bet they have fished Wylie before. I don't think that there are many lakes in the southeast that they haven't fished. I'll be talking to Don G at the Brawl and I'll see if we can get up a good trip to Wylie when we get back.

The only problem about fishing with Don and Blackie is that we'll be fishing with a couple of pro"s....

It's been years since I've fished at night for crappie, but it looks like there is a nice group that does on Wylie....

I was just up to Bass Pro Sunday picking up some new jig molds to replenish my stock.

I'm waiting for Charley to come through tomorrow. maybe it'll stay out to sea. The last storm like that, that came through the middle of the state really messed up the Swamp all winter.

Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    I wont be at the fall brawl , as the north carolina board guys are throwing a tournament that same weekend for night fishing.If you dont want to drive so far you should think about coming to lake wylie that weekend.I would like to hook up with you guys some time as we're not so far apart.I live in blacksburg along int.85.and fish lake wylie most often.Eric.
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the storm.It seems to be passing us by in the piedmont.I've been really trying to learn about santee.I've already had one trip there this summer and was planning on going this weekend until charlie ruined my plans.I plan on fishing the sep. tourn. out of randolphs for catfish , and could really use some tips , spots , etc.My only spot of luck has come out on the main channel in the trees with live bluegill as bait.Being a local down there I'm sure you know the ropes huh?Tell you what ,I'll take you out night fishing on wylie one night and maybe you can show me around santee one weekend.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.