PDA

View Full Version : I'v got the Blues

coastal bend
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm hooked on these 3" Rocky Top supper slabs. Since I have been using them I have been catching bigger Crappie and less dinks. I have caught a few on different collors but they like the blue and silver the best. Here on our lake we don't have the big crappie(lake record little over 2* ) like you guys. I have caught several 1 1/2 pounders. Thursday I caught 8 nice size crappie the biggest were 1 1/2* on the Rocky top. Here is one of the bigger ones.:)

frank lawhead
11-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Never heard of them but I think I should start lookin if you catch fish that size--nice crappie

fingerlicken
11-07-2008, 11:56 AM
That some nice crappie I would be happy with those any day. May have to try that color.

Fatman
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Man nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!

Fatman

STUMP HUNTER
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Nice crappie, I have some of those but have not tried them. Looks like I need to put them on a hook!!

kycreek
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
That's a good one.

coastal bend
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks, I went looking for new spots today and caught my biggest todate. A 1.10 oz white Crappie. Getting closer to my 2 pound goal. Also caught a 6 pound Goo on the Rocky top.

IceWarriorGill
11-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Congrats on catching those nice slab crappies!!! Don't know what a Goo is but it looks like it would put up a fight as well!!!

CrappiePappy
11-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Congrats on catching those nice slab crappies!!! Don't know what a Goo is but it looks like it would put up a fight as well!!!

The name "Gasper Goo" is an English mispronunciation of the French name "Casse burgau" (mussel breaker). Freshwater mussels are a favored prey item of this fish.

The fish is a Freshwater Drum. And, yes ... they do put up a bit of pullage :p
If they're in the waters you fish ... you're quite likely to catch them on most any bait you use ... live or artificial. They're edible, but not exceptional tablefare.

.. cp :cool:

horseshoer
11-08-2008, 07:00 AM
The name "Gasper Goo" is an English mispronunciation of the French name "Casse burgau" (mussel breaker). Freshwater mussels are a favored prey item of this fish.

The fish is a Freshwater Drum. And, yes ... they do put up a bit of pullage :p
If they're in the waters you fish ... you're quite likely to catch them on most any bait you use ... live or artificial. They're edible, but not exceptional tablefare.

.. cp :cool:

Made me smile Pappy. Off the 610 loop in Houston, near the Astrodome you could look down from the elevated freeway you were on and see a sign outside a little mom & dad grocery- "Goo fish & Neck (pork) Bones".
I'm sure it was probably the only grocer in Houston, if not the whole darn world, that offered that particular pair of items for sale. :D

OsoFishy
11-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Rocky Top makes a great bait I have hundreds of the super tubes and super slabs they are a little high but I guess u get what you pay for they are a very strong natural feeling bait that are hand poured and you can create any color combo you like you can find them in a little archery bait shop on Truman Lake down the road from the big city of Tightwad!!!!

chaunc
11-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Do they have a website?

Sam
11-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I found this one on a search:
Rocky Top Super Slab - Large (http://www.finnytribe.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=29)

chaunc
11-08-2008, 07:34 PM
You're right. They are pricey. 30 cents each and thats not counting shipping costs. Think i'll stick with my southern pro's. I lose a lot in the brush.