Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bubblers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bubblers ?

Here a while back someone said they had bought a 12 volt bubbler with alligator clips to clip on your battery. for about $ 30.00. My Bubbler on my boat is getting weak, and they want $80.00 for the one like's on it.
    Any help, does anybody know where to get a cheaper one.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Check these out, Lips ..

http://www.fishermansheadquarters.co...ccesories.html
    Maybe this is what you are looking for -> 2932696350 MARINE METAL-B15-POWER BUBBLES PUMP
    HOSE-STONES-CHECK VALVES

Power Bubbles™ (B-15)
    12 VOLT AIR PUMP
    · 12 volt DC aeration system
    · Low current - 1/4 amp
    · Dual bellows, high volume - pumps 2 liters
    of air per minute
    · Saturates water with oxygen
    · Double discharge alows aeration of 1 or 2 livewells
    · Increases capacity of flow through livewells
    · 10 ft. of air tubing with 2 large airstones allows
    pump to be mounted in any protected area
    · For fresh or salt water
    · 2 anti-siphon valves protect pump against
    water intrusion · Quiet solid state circuits
    · 1 year limited warranty
    $34.99

I've got two of "these" for my minnow buckets ->
    MARINE METAL-B11-BUBBLE BOX - Exceptional customer value - Runs up to 33 hours on 2 alkaline 'D' cell batteries $9.49 --- I paid about $8 apiece for them at Wallace World ... and they last longer than 33hrs on the batteries (maybe that's supposed to mean 33hrs of "continuous" use ??) They do make "that noise" .... but, it doesn't bother me -- it lets me know that the minnows/fish are getting aeration. (yes, I've even used them in the livewell - while transporting fish from waaaaay down the lake, to the weigh-in, at our Crappie tournies)

I may look into one of those B-15 systems, myself !! ....... luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the noise of the battery operated bubblers. I bought an inverter to change 12 volt DC to AC and run a bubbler like in a home aquarium. No batteries to buy and if I am traveling I can plug it in anywhere even in the motel room with no noise. Allgator clip a cig. lighter to battery, plug an inverter in, and run any AC accesory you want. You can also hard wire it in an put the receptical anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's pappy that's the one i was looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally World has one for about $20.... I wired it into a switch and bingo live well areator .... I took a second one and put it in a storage tub wired with the supplied clips and I'm off again with a portable one to put in the canoe or back of the truck ect ect .

The suction cups on the base leaves alot to be desired , so I remove the base and screw it directly to the live well or storage tub ...lil RTV sealer and no leaks !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    I don't like the noise of the battery operated bubblers. I bought an inverter to change 12 volt DC to AC and run a bubbler like in a home aquarium. No batteries to buy and if I am traveling I can plug it in anywhere even in the motel room with no noise. Allgator clip a cig. lighter to battery, plug an inverter in, and run any AC accesory you want. You can also hard wire it in an put the receptical anywhere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good idea. I got all that stuff around the house. The battery operated bubblers do make a lot of noise. I will have to wire one up in my boat. THX