Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie nibbles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie nibbles.

Nibbles, nibbles, nibbles. Would someone please send me some so I will know what the heck everyone is talking about. I have looked, but have not found any. Are they out there by any other name?? Will send a pm with address and will pay for them.......and you don't have to send any till you get my letter.
    Thanks to anyone who will help.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berkley Crappie Nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default nibbles

Try grizzly jig company HOME tell lou that goose from L.R. senr you !!
    If it will hold cornmeal it's big enough for me !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Check your local WalMart or KMart. That's where I find mine.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

i think there is a bass pro down by where you live dusty,,or like bowfin says wally world has them,,then you will see what all the fuss is all about
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If you're new to nibbles, there are lots of ways to use them. The easiest thing to do is just put 1-2 on the hook of a jig. It gives the jig a little more color and supposedly releases scent. In my opinion, they aren't as good as waxworms, but they are cheaper and easier to store and handle.

Does anyone know if they expire or lose their potency after a while? A bottle will last a long time, I've had my jar for over a year.

Here's another thing that I like about them: when the bite is very light and you're fishing with several rods, sometimes you can miss a hit. If you use nibbles, they come off very easily, so it's a good indicator if you are getting hit and missing it rather than not getting any hits.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish a can of nibbles lasted me a year, 1 can lasts me maybe 2 or 3 trips, but I never put a jig or minnow in the water without one. Fish with a buddy sometime using the exact same setups except one with nibbles and one without. You'll never look back. Don't think there is anything better for tipping a jig, live bait included.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    I wish a can of nibbles lasted me a year, 1 can lasts me maybe 2 or 3 trips, but I never put a jig or minnow in the water without one. Fish with a buddy sometime using the exact same setups except one with nibbles and one without. You'll never look back. Don't think there is anything better for tipping a jig, live bait included.
    Your right --theres nothing better--use the bait pump to inject them inside the tubes and you,ll save money plus fishin time --because they last a lot longer
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

NJcrappie Guest

the best way to inject crappie nibbles is with a larger oral injector 10 ML or larger. (not the 5ML that the pharmacist gives for free when you get liquid meds.) You need to ask you pharmacist for them, they are behind the counter in a sanitized sealed package. (CVS) Only a few bucks and they work great, get 1 for every nibble color made. I also have oral injectors for trout nuggets. I fill the tubes with the trout formula and work pools in streams. BTW I own the bait pump and find it hard to twist the top to inject the nibbles while holding the tube, plus it would be $$$$$ to get one for every color.

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Never used them in the Spring Summer and Fall. I have success using them Ice fishing however. Next to wax worms.. They work Great under the ice.
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast