Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking For Crappie (rayburn)

PERRY'S POINT Guest

Default Looking For Crappie (rayburn)

I Am Trying To Find Some Crappie West Of Shirley Creek. I Have A Small Lakehouse And A Small John Boat That Wont Go To Far So I Have To Stay In That Area. Please Let Me Know If Anyone Has An Idea As To Where I Might Try And Have Some Luck. There Is A Small Winding Creek To The Right Of Me That Has A Lot Of Bush's And Trees On The Sides Of It, But Ive Had No Luck There So Far. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you might want to ask Camoman.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I am fixing to post on the main board the fish we caught Friday night under green lights on a point west of Shirley Creek...We put in at Hanks Creek.....We were fishing 25 ft. of water fishing 14 ft. deep under green lights on a point.....there was brush under us....We were catching fish after fish....we bought a pound of minnows and fished till we were out....So far this has been the best night fishing trip on Rayburn yet. We went out Sunday fishing daylight and caught well over 200 crappie but only 25 were keepers...my hands are raw from catching so many fish......it was a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have been busy cleaning crappie....
    I have a question;
    Did you buy your green lights or make them up yourself? I have been looking in to making my own but haven't found a source for the Fluorescent bulb yet.
    I have found the ballast and clear pvc, but not the main ingredient yet.

Crap Pie

Post Thanks / Like

crap pie,,,,yes we were cleaning alot of crappie....to answer your question on the fluorescent bulb we bought the F40T12 green bulbs from a dealer here in Jasper...He ordered them from somewhere in Dallas....but I have found them on a web site and I will paste it here when I finish.....We found ballast for 25 bucks plus shipping for the 40 watt ballast...is that about the same as yours......where did you find the clear pvc....it was very expensive where we got it...Always looking for a better deal....here is the site for the 48 inch bulbs....they also have the 24 inch bulbs on this site also...........
    http://www.lightbulbdepot.com/product.asp?prod=00819A
    hope this helps.......let me know where you got the clear pvc...I am in the market to make one more.....it's alot cheaper than buying them out right.......and they work.

Post Thanks / Like

camoman
    actually I got the clear pvc from a friend that made one up, he had to buy a 10' section and gave me the other 5'. I'll ask him where he bought it though. I paid 29.95 for my ballast off the web.
    I really appreciate the link for the green bulbs........... now I wonder how well UPS does with shipping bulbs????????????
    with the gift of the pvc it looks like I'll be able to have one ready for just under 60 bucks.... beats the hell out of 200.
    thanks again, and I'll ask my friend where and what he paid for the pvc.

Crap Pie