Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: drift fishing question

Post Thanks / Like

Default drift fishing question

Okay fellers got a few questions for ya about drifting for crappie. First of all lets start out with todays fishing trip. Went to paint creek, caught quite a few just as the sun was comin up on tube resembling minow color (silver). Fish shut off within an hour. By the way a lot of people must have took off work today. I betcha there were 25 boats there! Really nobody was catching any after about 10:00. We were just about ready to leave on our way to the boat ramp when I looked at the graph and it was stacked with fish suspended about 2-3 foot off the bottom. I just thought it was loads of shad but we decided to try a hand at it. The water was around 20 feet deep. First time Ive ever done this but It was really neat! I could see my jig on my the graph and I would just put it right in the mix of fish and it was working. I have seen people do that ice fishing but never new you could do it out on the open water. Most of the keepers came from right out in the open water nice flat bottom, then it hit me. if you could rig up multiple poles and drift that nice bottom wouldnt you think that would be effective. If you think so What would you recommend to use as a rig? If you were just using small jigs Im not sure how you would assure it is staying in the strike zone. I have noticed that evan if I put my t/motor on its weekest setting and just cruise my lines get a big angle on them and Im pretty sure my rig isnt evan close to the bottom. Any suggestions? By the way I appreciate everyone helpin me on here, its has already helped with my catch rate quite a bit. Maybe you guys could all call my wife and convince her that The S/I unit is mandatory for crappie fishin. She isnt takin my word for it!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Great post on the Louisiana board. Trolling 101. This guy should write a book.
    "Hello, My name is Bill, and I'm a tackleholic"