Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeade "Bait Pump"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Homeade "Bait Pump"

Well every so often my father gets a B12 Injection for his nerve problems in his feet. I asked my mother for the syringe when she was done. I took of the needle, and had the syringe. It goes up to 3", so I dont know how to use it for CC's. Anyway, I filled it up with some crappie nibbles I took from one of my fishin buddies (sorry, whiskerwhipper) and viola! It works like a charm to fill up crappie tubes with scent. Sure beats buying a Bait Pump any day. Wish I had a camera but my sister with her camera is in Raleigh/Duram at the North Carolina School of Mathematics and Science. Oh well.

PJ35
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Try an Oral Syringe. cheap and they work pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Animal syringes come in many different sizes too.
    Diabetics have little syringes like your describing.
    See any pharmicist or Vet for more info on those things. You made a good suggestion there.
    How about a short piece of plastic hose with holes in the sides and Cork's in the ends?
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys i use a syringe i bought at tractor supply of less than a dollor and like they say many differant sizes but remember smaller makes it harder to push out when it gets cooler.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

You have obviously never used the BAIT PUMP, or you would realise how much better it is than syringes....been there done that. for 20 bucks , it is WELL worth the price....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    You have obviously never used the BAIT PUMP, or you would realise how much better it is than syringes....been there done that. for 20 bucks , it is WELL worth the price....
    I have 2 of them and the only thing I don't like is trying to hold the bait and the pump and try to screw in the pump to get the nibbles out. Need a third hand so I plan on trying the syringe as well and have one in my boat for just that now. However I don't use that nibble very often so it ma be a while before I find out, but at least I would think it's possible to use the syringe with one hand and you can't do that with the bait pump.

Oh I guess I should say I use them with a short piece of tubing I slid over the hook on a normal jig and not necessary that it be a tube.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default homemade

We have visited this homemade bait pump thread before so im wondering if some of you who have used alternatives long term can chime in? Also how hard is it to squeeze out nibble from a syringe? Ive noticed the reusable plastic ones that have colored handles seem a little heavier duty.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I tried useing a injector for turkeys and I found that it is hard to squeeze out the nibblets. I am going to get a bait pump when I come across one.
    can't catch'em at home

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda new to the whole crappie scene, but not the shots/animal syringe deal...I'm an ag teacher and have had cattle/horses and the such. If the nibblets are so hard to get out...I know I have read of other attractants working...why not mix something (liquid) in it to allow the nibbles to liquify or gel a bit more to work better in the syringe. I know the nibbles are the best the way they are but even if you mixed a little water or vegi/corn oil in with it, would allow it to liquify and come out of the syringe easier. Also if you were to warm it up would help alot. Just a thought.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used the syringe enough to say yea or ney, but it would take a good size one with a large opening on the business end.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast