Bella,

Check out post listed below

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=7639

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

Check page two on this forum 5-24-05. there's a feww there

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I like to marinate crappie in Italian dressing - if my fish are frozen I put them in a container and let them thaw in the dressing - I then cook them on my George Foreman Grill - pretty tasty - with some slaw and baked cornbread - a little healthier than the normal fried way
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I like to marinate crappie in Italian dressing - if my fish are frozen I put them in a container and let them thaw in the dressing - I then cook them on my George Foreman Grill - pretty tasty - with some slaw and baked cornbread - a little healthier than the normal fried way
    man that sounds good. How long do you generally sandwich them in the foreman grill for ?

Post Thanks / Like

How old do you have to be before you start having to grill crappie instead of frying them? I am 38 and I just want to know how much longer I will have my fried crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    How old do you have to be before you start having to grill crappie instead of frying them? I am 38 and I just want to know how much longer I will have my fried crappie.
    Gooch;; My Grandfather died at the age of 89, So for a least 80 year's he ate fried crappie, never new of him eating grilled. He died of a cancer from asfestus( how ever you spell it) in his lungs as he worked in a chemical plant.So if your family has a long living record like mine. ( When i was 18 I still had all my great grandparent's) You can eat it till the cow's come home. I don't care what all the doctor's say about fat's, harding of the arteries, high blood pressure. I think it's got more to do with your gene's. I'm 52 an am as healthy as an ox. I like it both fried and Grilled. Grilled just give's me another option and flavor.

hope that help's

Post Thanks / Like

Ive cooked fish just about anyway you can name. Fried is my favorite way. Tonight I'm gonna take some crappie out of the freezer and get them ready for the george foreman grill for supper tomorrow night. Sure sounds good.

Post Thanks / Like

I like em both ways too, but I think I lean a little more towards the fried.
    Question for you guyz....... I like to soak my fellets in salt water overnite, in the fridg.
    I forgot them in the fridg Saturday ( they were caught & cleaned Friday nite) now its Sunday afternoon......... They still ok ?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast