Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about night fishing w/ glow jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about night fishing w/ glow jigs.

I am curious to how many people night fish with glow jigs and if so what colors seam to be the best. I am getting ready to order some jigs and thought about purchasing some.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The guys that get glow-in-the-dark heads from me are very partial to red, purple, and white(natural). Why, I can't explain. Never fished them to give any first hand experience. But the guys that do certainly have their favorite colors.
    I know the purple glow looks more on the light blue side when illuminating (to my eyes).
    Don't have many requests for chartreuse green glow, which surprises me - maybe it's a location thing.(?)

Post Thanks / Like

Got a chuckle out of in-fisherman the other night, Al was using glow hooks,and I was intrigued by them until he said you had to recharge them about every 5 minutes.

Hmmm, troll for 5,re-charge....troll for 5 more....re-charge......I don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68
    Got a chuckle out of in-fisherman the other night, Al was using glow hooks,and I was intrigued by them until he said you had to recharge them about every 5 minutes.

Hmmm, troll for 5,re-charge....troll for 5 more....re-charge......I don't think so.
    Yep sounds like to much work, even the glow in the dark skirts might be to much work but might try them out. But still nothing beats a good ole minnow hanging on the hook at night.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Al? I thought the Linder's split from Primedia a few years ago.(?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Al? I thought the Linder's split from Primedia a few years ago.(?)
    I could be wrong but that is who I thought it was...

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line fellas do they work? I have thought about them like all of us but I just question if they would help when I am already lighting my jigs and minnows with the submersibles. I dont care if I have to charge them for 30 min and they only glow for 5. I will do it if it catches fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    Bottom line fellas do they work? I have thought about them like all of us but I just question if they would help when I am already lighting my jigs and minnows with the submersibles. I dont care if I have to charge them for 30 min and they only glow for 5. I will do it if it catches fish.
    They was doing the Walleye thing with the "Glow Hooks", but I would say the nice fat juicy leech's he was putting on was the main event, the glow was only the side dish.

Post Thanks / Like

A small jig head painted with the newer glow paints and tipped with a minnow works great. It seems the glow is just enough to draw attention to the minnow a little more. The newer glow pigments will glow for 12 hours per 2 minute UV charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some sources for the next generation glow powders.

http://www.readysetglo.com/

http://www.glowinc.com

http://www.glowlady.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast