Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Badin 11/1-11/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Badin 11/1-11/2

Fished Badin Sat. looin' for blues for a tourney next weekend. Found two prety nice ones. got a 25 lb. and a 37 lb. blue. almost went to HIgh Rock today, but turned toward Badin instead. had a lot of guys prefishing today so I didn't fish much, just looked around. saw a bunch of center consoles flying around about 4 pm, so I figured there was some striper action going on somewhere. They all went to the golf course and were just riding around looking. I picked a little cove and got my boys jigging up white perch about a pound a piece as fast as they could get the weight on the bottom. started marking some nice ones so I started jigging and got 3 stripers. saw saw bait on top running toward the back of the cove so I followed 'em back there and found the mother load of stripers had the bait hemmed up in a little pocket. landed 13 stripers total casting redfins to schooling fish. They had the bait run back up in the grass beds. I've never caught a striper in the grass, but I did it today. biggest striper was 12 lb. had 5 over ten pounds and lot one about 18-20 lb. at the boat. nice day on the water. kept three stripers for the table. yum!

Post Thanks / Like

man, that is sounds fun, wish i was there........nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

great day on the water there Rookie,nice job..
    Remember, throw'em back unless ITZAKEEPER ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice

Dang Rookie, nice report.

I was one of those center consoles, and all I caught was white perch and one tiny striper. Heard some talk of some nice stripers though.

Headed out in the morning to try my luck again.

Nice report...what where you using to jig up stripers? Hopkins?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great catch!
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go rookie12. hope you do well in the kitty tourney.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good job Rookie..thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

13 stripers!!! good job! You may need to start taking some Bengay and asprin if you're going to do that much catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about being at the right place at the right time...dang good job! Only problem I see with that is I wasn't on the boat with ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Default stripers

Well, when I see all them boats like that, I know something has happened before and that's why they're there. I saw some fish about 20 ft. deep and that's the ones I jigged up. I happened to notice a big school of bait scooting their way across the water toward the back of a creek. I figured something was chasing them back there. When they got to the back of the creek, they tore that bait up. They had the bait ran up in the grassbeds. I caught the majority of them on a redfin. I could mainly get perch on a spoon when casting, so I switched to something bigger. Count on them schooling from now until sometime in December, then they will spread out more. They sure wre bunched up Sun. Hopefully we'll see some more out there on Sat. after the cat tourney.