Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Lake 10-30

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake 10-30

Well I finally got around to getting the pictures on my computer from last Thursday's trip. I think we ended up with 22 or 23 specks and 4 reds.

Went back out today (Sunday) and 2 of us caught our limit of specks in about an hour. Didn't get pictures of those, forgot the camera..Sorry.

Last Thrusday's catch
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane, that's a nice mess of fish there. Congrats on the catch... Btw your camera date is wrong, your not supposed to post them pics til next month..lol.... thanks for the pics
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That's a good mess Dwyane!
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch.
    joshua

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking haul there. Wouldn't mind getting into some reds. Where do you go most of the time down there?
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSUguy View Post
    Nice looking haul there. Wouldn't mind getting into some reds. Where do you go most of the time down there?
    Hey LSUguy, it seems like you can catch the reds just about anywhere right now but we catch the most of them in south part of the lake by the wiers (Grand Bayou and Lambert's Bayou). I think I have caught more red fish this year than I have in my entire life! :D
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hey LSUguy, it seems like you can catch the reds just about anywhere right now but we catch the most of them in south part of the lake by the wiers (Grand Bayou and Lambert's Bayou). I think I have caught more red fish this year than I have in my entire life! :D
    Thanks for the reply... i'm not very familiar with the southern LA waters, but I am assuming you're below the salt line right? Haven't looked into that fish tag since it's not needed up here... might just be down in that area in the spring... maybe you can hook a nothern LA guy up with some great red fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

A find mess of fish !!!!
    "Don't take life so serious After all, It's not Permanent"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSUguy View Post
    Thanks for the reply... i'm not very familiar with the southern LA waters, but I am assuming you're below the salt line right? Haven't looked into that fish tag since it's not needed up here... might just be down in that area in the spring... maybe you can hook a nothern LA guy up with some great red fishing.
    Hey LSU, not sure what you are talking about with tags. We don't need tags down here, I know Texas uses tags for Redfish but all you need in LA is the saltwater license ($5.50 in addition to the freshwater license). If you find you way down south look me up and I will be glad to try to get you on some reds. Yes I do live below the saltwater line which is the Intercoastal Canal.
    If you are going to make a trip down here, PM me and we can get together if I am not at work.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hey LSU, not sure what you are talking about with tags. We don't need tags down here, I know Texas uses tags for Redfish but all you need in LA is the saltwater license ($5.50 in addition to the freshwater license). If you find you way down south look me up and I will be glad to try to get you on some reds. Yes I do live below the saltwater line which is the Intercoastal Canal.
    If you are going to make a trip down here, PM me and we can get together if I am not at work.
    Sounds good. What kind of rig you use for those reds? Prolly requires heavier gear then I have.
    Wasn't sure about about the salt water license.. don't have that type of water up here so i just get the usual license. Thanks for clearing it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast