Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rosey reds

Post Thanks / Like

Default rosey reds

do these work better than plain ole shiners and why if they do

Post Thanks / Like

I even thought about using goldfish. You can get them around 10-12 cents each as feeders from a pet store. Not sure how tough they are though. Hard to beat a shiners hardiness.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes use rosey reds in Feb. & March on Reelfoot. Some days they seem to out fish shiners early in the year. I will take both and let the fish decide.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

Default goldfish

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    I even thought about using goldfish. You can get them around 10-12 cents each as feeders from a pet store. Not sure how tough they are though. Hard to beat a shiners hardiness.
    Check with your state on wheter or not you can use gold fish. Alot of states have outlawed the use of them encase they escape or get turned loose in the waters you are fishing.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

rosie's work great earlier in the year and in the winter. for some reasone they don't do as well in the hot summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I read in one of the articles on the crappie.com board that you can put 4 drops of red food color in with them and turn them red. Might want to try this and see if it works and if they are hitting rosey reds. I would reccomend using a minnow net to dip them though, or be ready to do some explaining monday morning at work as to why your hands are red.
    Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speediib
    do these work better than plain ole shiners and why if they do
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some days a jig out produces a minnow, Some days a red jig is best, some days a white one is better. Some days a rosey red out produces a shiner, some days a tuffie out produces either one. WHY? Ain't that a question now?:D

Post Thanks / Like

goldfish are illegal hear were i live dont know that i would want to use them though. that is what i feed my bass years ago that i had in my aqarium he loved em