Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wilson Lake, Southern Pro Jigs

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilson Lake, Southern Pro Jigs

don't know how many of you guys use SP jigs, but they made the difference yesterday. Here is the jigs and colors I caught all my fish on. Caught them over brush piles 15-25 feet slow drifting. Not really tightlining and not really trolling, somewhere in-between. The bite would come AFTER I went over the pile, as if they came out to chase it. Very finiky with the cool front and a full (fools) moon in the sky most of the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by David Waters; 05-26-2005 at 08:02 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SP jigs

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    don't know how many of you guys use SP jigs, but they made the difference yesterday. Here is the jigs and colors I caught all my fish on. Caught them over brush piles 15-25 feet slow drifting. Not really tightlining and not really trolling, somewhere in-between. The bite would come AFTER I went over the pile, as if they came out to chase it. Very finiky with the cool front and a full (fools) moon in the sky most of the morning.
    good catch---what times the fish fry ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

What weight heads did you have them on to work that depth on a slow drift?
    Insert heads for the tubes?
    What length SP's are they? (Look like the 1-1½" to these eyes)
    Anything added to them? Minnows, nibbles, scent, etc?

(sorry for all the questions, but I figure with all the new members someone can pick up some additional tips along the way)

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default YEP, David ....

I use Southern Pro jig bodies ... also Culprit, BPS Sparkle Squirts, Charlie Brewer, Crappie Magic, P&S Custom Tackle, Cabin Creek, Driftwood, and a variety of other brands of plastic body manufacturers. What can I say ... the Bait Monkey has my number :D ........... cp

ps - nice looking bowl of filets !

Here's a pic of the "electric blue/char" BPS tube, under a SP tube - if it wasn't for the red head on the SP .... you couldn't tell them apart :D (the tails are chartreuse on both tubes, but my abilities to edit coloration are basically non-existant ... LOL!! )

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe. My wife says I have too much stuff all the time. The last time she told me that, I went and took a picture of her shoes in the closet and put the picture on the table that read "All my fishing gear cost less than half your shoes!!

She just doens't realize that every lure, rod, reel, ect. ect. I own is like a trophy to me! The more the better :D
    Last edited by David Waters; 05-26-2005 at 12:35 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

yum yum - fried crappie - baked - crappie - grilled crappie - crappie stew - crappie cakes - I luv dem crappie bout every way you fixem
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!