Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain Info

HI Guys-
    Havent been on in quite some time. Work has had my life consumed and tomorrow I have a day to myself. Was wondering if anyone has been to twain or heard any good reports. Was just wondering if its worth the drive and what the fish are doing, how deep etc. Any info would be great!! You guys keep catchin em and everyone take care. I cant wait till spring as I have alot more time to fish!!! Be safe everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there Thursday and Friday....Thursday was a pretty good day...caught alot of nice fish in 10 to 14 ft....on the bottom on the back side of the main points (in the mouths of the creeks..little indian and lick and indian)...SLOW trolling around the trees...moving very slow... seemed like they wanted it moving...
    Friday was not as good..i think the fish were still there but had lock jaw only took 9 on friday... didn;t keep any under 9"...most was 10" and we had a 1/2 doz...Thurs. that was 12 to 13 inchs...water temp was around 58 to 59...I would think they should still be there...Good Luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from mtl a couple hours ago. my buddy and i caught enough fish to keep it interesting but not enough big ones to keep it real exciting. we ended up with 18 between 10 to 13 inchers, caught alot of 7 and 8 inchers. we were in 30 feet of water and getting them about 12 ft. down on yellow and white tubes and black and chartreuse tubes. standing timber. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Duck
    Went yesterday. We put in at the 107 ramp and caught most of our fish near the trees to the east of the ramp (on the north bank) as you enter ther main lake. Lots of small fish but we did get some nice ones that went about a pound. Caught most on black/chart jigs with a crappie nibble. There are a few spots there where the water drops from ten feet to forty feet when you move about ten feet. Hit these areas hard.

We went as far north as the Stoutsville ramp but did no good up there and didn't see any fish on the finder.

The lake is turning over and the water looks bad. They have stopped dropping the lake so I think next week should start getting better as the water clears. Hope to go again Tuesday (after I vote). Let us know how you do, we need more MTL reports.

Good Luck N2

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a report of mine from Oct. 18- seems like the pattern is holding about the same- I saw a lot of boats heading back from the lake on Saturday. I kind of regret winterizing my boat, but deer season is coming up and my weekends are way too short! I caught these on a 1/8 oz jig with black and yellow plastic Kalin grubs. The crappie are very good size up at Twain this fall.

Went to Twain today and had a great day. Ended up with 13 solid keepers and a bonus 5 pound channel I wrassled into the boat with my long pole and crappie jig- good thing I have braid on. I caught some NICE fish- about 6 in the 12-13 inch range plus a 14 inch monster . The rest of them were 9-10 inchers- other than the 15 or so throw-backs. I caught them all in one creek around mid-lake on jigs. Seems they were hugging the bottom in about 10-12 feet of water around pole timber mostly. Great day to be out.