Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rude, Idiot Bass boat driver gets a lesson. Funny stuff!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rude, Idiot Bass boat driver gets a lesson. Funny stuff!

My wife, son, and I were sitting at the mouth of a small creek on Goat Rock lake last thursday catching fish. The creek channel is about 20' wide but the mouth is about 30 yards. Parts of the mouth is only 1' deep because the water was about 4' low.
    All of a sudden 2 guys in a bass boat come flying up the river, turn towards us and come by us not 15' from the boat at full throttle. The nut could have killed us.
    Just as he got past my boat he hit the bottom running flat out. He came to a stop after plowing up 100 yds of the river bottom. His motor was bucking like a bull over those rocks and dirt. They didn't name it Goat ROCK for nothing. LMAO He wasn't finished. He then began to gun his motor trying to get out of there. It took him maybe 15 minutes to get out of there. It was a show for us. They never spoke to me and I wasn't mad after watching him tear up his foot. When he got back to the channel, he floored it but had to back it down and idle away. Vibration would be my guess.

I read all the post about the rude people you all meet so I wanted to share this with you. Sometimes the idiots get what they deserve. :D
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 05-12-2006 at 11:08 PM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty-I too have seen them plow furrows here.Sure makes ya feel good an gives ya a good laugh!!It usually happens here during drawdown with out of town people,good for the local marinas.Ya get what ya give!! Good Fishin To Ya!!Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

lol now thats funny i dont care who you are

Post Thanks / Like

wished i could have seen that one, green head fishermen have just way too much money..... But it just shows ya the river dont care how much money ya have................. lol
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-12-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a back water small river, The main channel is only about 40' to 50' wide, sometimes only 25'.and it's crooked as a snake. But the back water makes this small channel look like a 300' wide river with stumps on the side's. But what most of these bass fishermendon't know is there are stumps hanging right out on the lege of the main channel. ( you've got to run this river your whole life to know how to run it fast) It never fails about three times a year( I'm sure there's more i just don't get the fun of seeing them).some idiot will come sailing up threw there running wide open. thinking since he's been up there 4 or 5 times hes know's where every stump is. We'll needless to say I'm Seen-um split the bottoms of there boats, tear off the foot,bust the whole transom to pieces, One time the guy's boat stopped so fast when he hit the stump with the foot the engine shot forward and landed in the front of the boat, Missed the guy by a foot. Had there been a passenger in it It would have killed them.
    I've been running the river for about 25 years, I've bumped one stump while trying to Power backdown while trying to gat over close to the edge for anothe boat to come by.
    My brother-inlaw just close's his eye's. He Ask's me how i can go up threw there so fast without hitting anything. I tell him I'm just steering God's moving the stumps out of the way.Have Faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Falcon!!! Kinda reminds me of what my grandfather use to say " You get what you give!" It's good to see this guy got what was coming to him. I have seen this done on my home lake a few times, long shallow points, and get a good belly laugh every time a ski boat full of drunks runs aground!!! Even have had one ask me to help them off after they cut between me and the bank while fishing! I just played like I didn't hear them and kept fishing, with a bigger smile of course.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you all have time to read, I know this on a green carp message board. But there are some good laughs. All stories of ramps and idoits on the water.

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboar...amp/index.html
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Green Carp!! Gee fellows there are folks who think the only fish that swims is a bass.Having come from the upper mid west, bass are fun but are not tyhe preferwed species that many folks fish for.Theres salmon in the spring and fall, trout in the spring and winter, and those jumbo yellow perch and occasional walleye to keep your i9nterwest up.Any fish is worth catching.But here in central KY its bass bass bass, and idiot boaters galore, horsepower over rules brain power in many cases.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski
    Green Carp!! Gee fellows there are folks who think the only fish that swims is a bass.Having come from the upper mid west, bass are fun but are not tyhe preferwed species that many folks fish for.Theres salmon in the spring and fall, trout in the spring and winter, and those jumbo yellow perch and occasional walleye to keep your i9nterwest up.Any fish is worth catching.But here in central KY its bass bass bass, and idiot boaters galore, horsepower over rules brain power in many cases.
    I catch Green Carp every time I go crappie fishing. I love holding them up so those plug chunkers can see how nice and fat they look. :p If they would stop casting and troll a bit they would catch more fish.lol They might say I'm cheating with the minnows but they hit the jigs too. They are fun to catch,shh don't tell. I love fishing tuesdays during the weekly tourney. They wash me around but I show em fat bass that they would love to take to the scales. Should I feel bad? I don't want to catch the greenies. I'd rather catch a 2# crappie than a 10# bass. The last 2 weeks I have landed more bass than I can remember. They hang out arround the crappie. What am I to do? Keep fishing is what I'll do. Do you think I should quit holding them up for them to see? I always keep my crappie low and out of site.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

i chop up any green carp i catch and feed em to my cat.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast