Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hueston woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

Headed up tomorrow Roberta. 4 days of steady temps and no rain. Should be an awesome evening. I'll post tomorrow night. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you do well.
    We decided to drive up to GLSM this evening. We haven't fished at the jetty in a couple of years. I caught a couple of green sunfish, Doug caught a nice channel cat, but the guy jigging next to me caught a couple of nice crappie. Wish we could have stayed since things probably would have picked up, but that alarm goes off at 6:15. ;-) - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

My fiance' and I fished for 3 hours on the west shore past sugar camp and caught 40 or 50. I had 6 minnows left when we pulled off the water. We brought home 12 big slabs full of eggs between 10 and oh yeah 13 inches. Ive never caught a 13 inch crappie before. I caught 2 last night back to back casts. Most of the big ones were coming from open water 3' deep. My dad and I are headed back up sat. morning. He's jelous...seems they always bite when he cant go. Good luck roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Those 13" ones will get you a pin

Fill out the form on the fishing regs pamphlet and send it in. Last year, I got pins for a 13 1/4" crappie I caught just north of the Sugar Camp and a 9 1/2 " bluegill I got at Rush Run. I like to send along a snap shot if I can. Doug's already qualfied on crappie and sunfish this year, but I'm still looking.

Doug will be thrilled to know the big mamas are in. You fished our best spot and we've usually done well along that channel edge even in summer.

Unless the weather completely goes down the tubes, we'll be out either tomorrow or Sunday morning. Yahoo is showing pretty high wind tomorrow, though. Good lucj to you and your dad - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I fished from 11 am till about 4 or 5 when a storm chased everybody off the lake. Nothing bit until right before the storm
    and I caught 14 or 15. Those were between the island that is by the Sugarcreek and the damn way back in the timber in about
    three feet of water in the wood! And the funny thing is that the sun came out, and it was beautiful when I was leaving.
    Good luck and be safe
    Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. We're planning on heading bright and early, weather permitting. Hope the marina is open so we can get minnows, otherwise, it's waxies. I'll let ya know. - Roberta