Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I met Cane Pole yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default I met Cane Pole yesterday

My brother-in-law and I went down to KY lake yesterday and tried our hand at the crappie. Not a very good day for us however, I've never really been fall fishing (usually in the deer woods) but we gave it a shot yesterday.

Anyway, I have been talking to Cane Pole and he told me to call when I was down. I gave him a shout while I was on the water and low and behold I was directly across from his house. I went over to his dock and met him. VERY NICE guy. We talked a while and he showed me some places on the map to try my luck. He also took me up and let me see his new crappie rig. Man, this boat is awesome. I like this boat for crappie fishing better than anyboat I've ever seen.

I want to thank Cane Pole for all of his help and patience with all of my questions. If you ever get a chance to met him, you won't be sorry. :D

Post Thanks / Like

yeah he sounds like they broke the mold when they made him,great guy

Post Thanks / Like

and you survived! JUST kidding. he sounds like a hoot to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Cane Pole has one sweet rig.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Canepole & I are original members of the "39er Club"..I stop by Parkers Crossroads at least once a year to have lunch with him and get a brain update.. Tom is a great guy with loads of knowledge and shares with all..I plan on taking a ride in that pulpwood barge this month..:D Should be fun...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    Canepole & I are original members of the "39er Club"..I stop by Parkers Crossroads at least once a year to have lunch with him and get a brain update.. Tom is a great guy with loads of knowledge and shares with all..I plan on taking a ride in that pulpwood barge this month..:D Should be fun...
    Yeah Tom is a great guy and has a lot of knowledge on several different subjects. And as you said he is willing to share this knowledge. I really enjoyed talking to him.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I've seen here on this site since joining is the help you can get. There are plenty of sites out there where this doesn't exist.

Fatman

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lungbuster View Post
    My brother-in-law and I went down to KY lake yesterday and tried our hand at the crappie. Not a very good day for us however, I've never really been fall fishing (usually in the deer woods) but we gave it a shot yesterday.

Anyway, I have been talking to Cane Pole and he told me to call when I was down. I gave him a shout while I was on the water and low and behold I was directly across from his house. I went over to his dock and met him. VERY NICE guy. We talked a while and he showed me some places on the map to try my luck. He also took me up and let me see his new crappie rig. Man, this boat is awesome. I like this boat for crappie fishing better than anyboat I've ever seen.

I want to thank Cane Pole for all of his help and patience with all of my questions. If you ever get a chance to met him, you won't be sorry. :D
    Nice meeting the two of you. I enjoyed the chat. Sorry I couldn't help, but the weather crapped on us all. Try those spots again when the weather cools and is not so erratic. You will get fish there. Promise.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"