Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: eno

Post Thanks / Like

Default eno

I am new to the crappie .com. Been out of fishing for a long time ,so just getting started again .Please bear with me just full of questions . First, where is ENO what is the best time of the year to fish for white pearch and where? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in Western North Carolina, near Lake James.

Post Thanks / Like

Shadowdancer,

Welcome from Wake Forest!

The Eno river is located just north and east of Durham... The Little and Falt Rivers Flow into the Eno and the Eno flows into Falls Lake. Best time for the Crappie are, well, looks like now and right through the winter.

If you are coming from the west take I85 North through Durham to the Redmill Road exit, Turn left at the offramp and goto the end of Redmil road (about 5 miles) and you will see the signs leading you to the ramp.. but basically at the end of Redmill Road you turn right, goto the stop sign and turn right again.. Follow the dirt road right down to the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

thinks for the info when is the best time to fish for pearch

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board! kick back and enjoy. Since my first post a few months ago, I have learned a lot from this group of guys and gals. They're all good people and very helpful. I must warn you though that you'll probably find yourself glued to the informative threads throughout the board for hours on end, so clear your schedule for the next few days!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks redboat, and whompus cat, thats what i am looking for info

Post Thanks / Like

I don't belive I have ever caught a white perch in the Eno river but the in spring time the white bass make a run into the river to spawn. Just last week I saw a man throwing a small rattle trap into the shallows catching white bass about 1/2 to 3/4 pounds. He must have found a school because he was catching one every csat. I have caught catfish, jacks, white bass and largemouth while crappie fishing but I don't know if there are perch there or not. Maybe someone will let us know if they have caught any.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks crappiekrazy for the info all is welcome.