Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another change for son's treatment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another change for son's treatment

Well it has changed yet again. From yesterday morning until they got so sit down with the Doctor there in Tampa. Why no one did a MRI before now I just don't know. Also why all the Doctors in BAMC missed this is really making me scratch my head. I guess maybe the fact he has a lot of shrapnel in his body would have kept them from wanting to do an MRI, but the Doctor in Tampa did one so just don't know.

The Doctor in Tampa told them yesterday afternoon that his problem is osteomyelitis (infection of bone or bone marrow) and has been a lot of his trouble for a long time. This is why all the pain in his lower left leg when the nerves were dead there. All the way back to his first stay in BAMC he has probably has this and it is why the first two surgeries on his leg didn't heal right.

The real shame is much of his troubles could have been taken care of if they would have just looked for this, but they didn't even when they couldn't tell them why he was having so much trouble all along with healing. Even back when they were looking at nerve graphs they didn't and one reason was they couldn't explain why he had so much pain in his ankle area when the nerve was dead there.

So now it looks like one more surgery for him after some treatment with IV antibiotics.

Thank you all,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,
    I prayed for your your son this morning. Please remember who the real enemy is. Doctors make mistakes and are sometimes negligent, But they are not the enemy. "The thief comes to only, kill, steal, and destroy, but I have come that they may have life." Again I thank you for raising a man that is willing to fight for us and I thank your son for his great sacrifice. Thank you, Thank you, Thank You.

I am still praying for you family.

Ole Navy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Ole Navy Guy couldn't have said it better Skip. The parents of these men and women that work so hard and sacrifice so much are appreciated just as much for the values they instilled in their kids. Thank you to you, your son, and all of the soldiers and parents from a grateful fellow American.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 8fishermen View Post
    Skip,
    I prayed for your your son this morning. Please remember who the real enemy is. Doctors make mistakes and are sometimes negligent, But they are not the enemy. "The thief comes to only, kill, steal, and destroy, but I have come that they may have life." Again I thank you for raising a man that is willing to fight for us and I thank your son for his great sacrifice. Thank you, Thank you, Thank You.

I am still praying for you family.

Ole Navy Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaFishNut View Post
    Ole Navy Guy couldn't have said it better Skip. The parents of these men and women that work so hard and sacrifice so much are appreciated just as much for the values they instilled in their kids. Thank you to you, your son, and all of the soldiers and parents from a grateful fellow American.
    X2

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

I pray that they are on the right track now. No one wants to see another suffer--especially a parent.

Your son knows the Healer and I am confident that things are going to work out.

Personally, I just want to tell you and your son how very much I appreciate the values you two live by. Thanks to the both of you for fighting for us. Like I say to a buddy of mine who is a Purple Heart recipient, "I was there but I was lucky to make it back in one piece."

Keep on encouraging your son. He'll be over this thang before too much longer

Your friend and prayer partner,

John
    USN, USA Retired

MATT. 27:22

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there buddy and tell your son we're all pulling for him!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Skip
    My wife and I are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. Thank God we have men such as your son. They are the real American hero's. Stay strong.
    RCFillingham and Family
    Ole Ex Jarhead

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip,
    I know this is a hard time you and your son are going through but know that y'all are in our thoughts and prayer everyday.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Skip Although I have kept up on Randy's progress thru your post ,I have never replyed, not because i didn't care but because don't Didn't know how to express my feelings about the problems your son and family have faced . I still can,t express the feeling . Know that there is a Pray from myself and my wife for each of our brave men and women of our military
    Ga_redland
    Lincolnton Ga

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast