Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hammering Crappie yet here in Idaho.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hammering Crappie yet here in Idaho.

Still catching a lot of crappie bye the bucket loads. They aren't big but theres a lot of them. Will post some Pictures next time out. Going out election day. Theres a under water island that the crappie are staying on. Fifthteen foot deep. Using same method as which was used during the summer.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Ken, I would settle for a half bucket right now. I'm going out Sunday, I think, to give them a try. I plan on hitting the salt water scene for half of the day and then heading in to the marsh to try for some sac-au-lait. Wish me luck.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    Theres a under water island that the crappie are staying on. Fifthteen foot deep.
    That's interesting. Here in Virginia I was doing well in this one spot in around 16' of water, thought is was just some random structure. I scanned it with my side imaging 997 and sure enough, it's an underwater island. I'll have to look for more of them.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Great, the night time low's is in the lower 30tys. I'm glad you found the island under water. The fish are staying on the island for some reason. I don't know whats going on. Here we have a lot of fresh water shrimp in our resv. The back waters here is feed bye the Snake River forming back water behind a dam. Because of the fresh water shrimp night fishing is great. The light brings the little fellows up to it.