Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HarryD

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy HarryD

Thought I would put this out for everyones information. Bought a new boat in 2006. It had a 5 year warrenty. Just recently, I had 3 cracks appear in the bow each one about 3 inches long. I tried to find a dealer for Duracraft boats ( I purchased it from the Sports Center in Perry Ga they are no longer a dealer) After calling numerous places, I gave up and called the factory in South Carilona. I was told to submit an estimate for repair, I did, the total being 350.00. I was then told that was too much ,submit another estimate. This all took about 5-6 days with many phone calls. I finally got disgusted and had it weilded for 90.00 dollars,no paint. Today I Emailed them a copy of the bill, and when I called to check on it, I was told they were not near their computer. I have heard rummers that Duracraft (Bentley Pontoon) was going bankrupt. They deny this. NO DEALERS NO SERVICE what do you think. DONOT BUY A DURACRAFT BOAT.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a shame Harry ,in years past the Duracraft always seemed to be a quality boat with a thicker gauge aluminum and rated for more horses than a lot of other manufacturers at the time,I haven't really seen the newer models,a boat that new shouldn't be having those problems anyway, but sounds as if they have gone downhill.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 10-30-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hear that. I have a 2006 Duracraft pontoon that came from Sports Center. Hope I don't have any problems!

Post Thanks / Like

i thought duracraft was a top notch boatbuilder. for the money you can't go wrong with a lowe or the old grummans. i've had both and know several people that have them and they are quality boats.