Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Biting at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biting at LOZ

From the North Shore at 1.5 mm. Fairly aggressive bite this morning until about 9:30. Worked some productive spots with various water depths from the docks using blue/white, white/chartreuse and purple/white. Most were still 6-10 below lake level. Water temp about 67 degrees.

Now for the bad news. Still threw back about 4 or 5 for everyone in the 10-13 range that ended up in the basket. But, who cares? The weather's great and I'm not at work!

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great day, but they all are when your fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Jacpot, I am heading down this weekend with a guy from work and want to get him on to some fish. We will be out all day Saturday, but it sounds to me like they might slow down after 9:30 or so? I'll be in the Buck Creek/Gravois Area. Were you fishig from the docks or from a boat? Also when you say 6-10' below lake level are you saying 6-10' down in various depths? Are they really shallow early? Any help would be appreciated, and I'll report back on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

should be a good weekend to be out
    Last edited by old fuzzy; 10-31-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Nice......when are you going to bring some of those slabs home for your buddies?
    Nothing better than getting out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Get after em fellas......the fun has begun!!!!!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckCreekMike View Post
    Jacpot, I am heading down this weekend with a guy from work and want to get him on to some fish. We will be out all day Saturday, but it sounds to me like they might slow down after 9:30 or so? I'll be in the Buck Creek/Gravois Area. Were you fishig from the docks or from a boat? Also when you say 6-10' below lake level are you saying 6-10' down in various depths? Are they really shallow early? Any help would be appreciated, and I'll report back on Monday.
    Mike, I do fish from the docks over somewhat deep water, so out there on the Gravois your experience may be different. Yes I found them about 6-10' below the water surface. We're typically fishing in 20-28' of water. That just happens to be where some there is some cover or where they run along pathways.

Today they stopped biting about 9, then the front hit about 10. The ratio of throw-back to keeper was higher than yesterday. Only about a half dozen decent keepers in 2 hours between 2 of us. But probably 40 or so were sent back for a future catch.

Mike
    "Jackpot"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Boy View Post
    Nice......when are you going to bring some of those slabs home for your buddies?
    Hey, pack up the family and get down here. May even be able to catch a green carp by accident.
    Mike
    "Jackpot"

Post Thanks / Like

Jackpot, thanks for the info. i have a buddy who says they're catching them in Mill Creek with good success. Last time I was down was on the 11th and 12th. We did decent, about 15 keepers on Saturday and some dinks Sunday morning. I would like to be able to fish on more people's docks, because you can really get in there and pull 'em out when you can stand there rather than being on a boat. I know I can catch them on my dock where I have structure down that you would have a hard time getting to from a boat. Well we'll see what happens and I'll let you know on Monday. Thanks again.