Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Different laws in USA (,number of hooks)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Different laws in USA (,number of hooks)

I love reading all the post from all of you.Up here in Massachusettes,we can only use 2 hooks in the water at once, on open water and 5 hooks while ice fishing.I can't imagine having 6 poles in the front of the boat with 2 hooks on each pole.Must keep you REAL buzy!. When Ice fish,I set up 4 tip-ups and use a jig stick.I don't use electronics,so I drill many holes.Once I find them I have pulled 60 Crappie out if one hole! It's a blast.Open water I have 4 rods set up with different tube jigs,spring bobbers,and some other secret weapons I use.( I only use one rod at a time)I have got 80-100 Crappies in a 4 hour period ,once we find them.I weather up here is getting cold and the boat will be put away soon.I'm going to start getting my ice gear ready.I thank you for all the reports and info.I have tryed a few things I have read here,and they have helped me .
    Good luck to all.Keep up the good work on the site!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that pulling bugs in the winter is out of the question . Cant stand the thought of locking the boat up. I do have a boat cover but rarely use it. Lived i n Ohuio for six years, couldnt stand the winter , had to come back south. We do it all year long here!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya!! We've got about 2" on the ground right now and I'm already sick of it. Don't ice fish anymore so it's tackle tinkering time now.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

spent a couple mounts up in your great state back in 1968 Dec.and Jan. I dont think I have ever been that cold. and dont ever want to be that cold ever again. Its cold enough here in south west Mo. but I must say them crappie look good with that icey background...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Guess you don't have to throw them in a cooler, huh? :D

Post Thanks / Like

ice don't look good to me!!!
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

that makes me shiver!!!!!
    paddle faster i think i hear banjo music !!!!!