Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for Moose1am

Moose, about that 1/8 oz beetlespin, should I be looking for any particular colors? I have never bought lures before.

Ok, so VietVet had already answered my question in a previous post, and I could figure out how to delete this one. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by New2crappie; 05-25-2005 at 12:43 PM. Reason: update
    Karla:D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb New2crappie - Beetlespins

in the "white with red spot" - "chartreuse with black stripes" - "black with yellow stripes" .... should be good color combination choices. And these will cover pretty much any water clarity conditions.
    But, I wouldn't put the 1/8oz size at the top of the list. I would use 1/8oz if I couldn't cast the smaller ones very far (for whatever reason). I would start with 1/16oz or 1/32oz Beetlespins....but, that's just me. Of course, if I had to choose between using a Beetlespin or Roadrunner ........ the Roadrunner would be on my line, and the Beetlespin would still be in the tacklebox. Come to think of it - that's exactly where those two lures ARE :D ....LOL!!
    You will find that most everyone has their "favorites" .... so don't let the "Bait Monkey" get the best of you, and "mortgage the farm" to purchase all the "sure fire lures" that may be suggested as "gotta have" items. Most lures will work "some of the time", and some lures will work "most of the time" ..... but, none of them will work "all of the time". Learning "where" the Crappie will be, under given conditions & times, is more important than what lure or color to offer them (you can't catch'em, if they ain't there). And don't let the color choices offered in the Beetlespins, be a guide or hindrance .... no law says you can't remove that plastic grub, and replace it with one of your own "color choice" !! Experimenting with lures is fun and exciting (especially when they work) !! .......... luck2ya ....cp

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I concur, VET ...

as I said "that's just me" ... LOL!! And you are right about using the heavier versions for beginning casters (or as I stated - "if I couldn't cast the smaller ones very far"). As you have shown New2crappie (with that aerial map) ... finding them is as much or more important than bait choice. And certainly the 1/8oz BS will attract the attention of the larger fish ... Crappie or otherwise :D

We've got her heading in the right direction on baits and learning to locate the fish .... but, since we don't know what "equipment" she's using, we may be preaching to the choir but, I'm sure we'll get around to rod/reel/line suggestions .. eventually ....LOL!! ........cp

Billbob is online now Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

see what i mean about being a fast reader lol go for it moose help her
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

another thread that I learned something new. If ya ain't learning you might as well quit fishing.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey VV68 .... you can't tell me where to get a map like that of John Hay Lake can ya ? I've got a catfish Tourny there June 11th and have never fished it ....heck never heard of it til I saw it on the schedule !!

Shoot me an email or PM if'n ya need to !!

Thanks bud !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look here

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks .... Just for the sake of argument Terrasever bites fish fins !!!

Takes forever to find what you're looking for !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yup that's it .....thanks Mike you R a God !!!!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]