Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: chumming for night fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Default chumming for night fishin

How many of ya'll like to chum while you are night fishing? I usually stuffy pany hose with dog food and hang it from the boat. Anybody else use any different methods? I've heard of using corn and corn meal too. thanks
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend we would soak a ball of corn meal and drop it into the water and I believe it would work because after four or five minutes we would start catcing fish....when it slowed down we would do it again....I do believe it worked for us....there were millions of minnows and shad everywhere that night.....

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to make, go to feed store , get 50# bag HEN SCRATCH, yes HEN SCRATCH, its chicken feed, get 5 gallon buscket with lid fill 3/4 with hen scratch add 2 cans beer and then fill to 3 inch of top of bucket cover with ild DO NOT cover sew tight it can not breath for few days check every day for to add more water then cover tightly it WILL stink, we put in in coffee cans and carry with us to chum with put about 3 cup fulls around some stumps in about 4 different places and then start fisin those spots works for us, longer it soaks stinker it gets. this is my rendetion of this if sure there or others

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Crappie or Catfish chum, but the best and easiest Shark chum we ever found was "Cozy Kitten Catfood" made in Biloxi Mississippi. It was 19 cents a can and you wondered how they could that much fish oil and fish parts in that small of can. With six cans with a small 1/2" opening on both ends you could get a 2 mile chum slick going.

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68
    Don't know about Crappie or Catfish chum, but the best and easiest Shark chum we ever found was "Cozy Kitten Catfood" made in Biloxi Mississippi. It was 19 cents a can and you wondered how they could that much fish oil and fish parts in that small of can. With six cans with a small 1/2" opening on both ends you could get a 2 mile chum slick going.
    When trying to find live bait to throw the cast over we would dump cat food in the water - get all the pin fish you need with 1 throw
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Night chumming

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpon
    How many of ya'll like to chum while you are night fishing? I usually stuffy pany hose with dog food and hang it from the boat. Anybody else use any different methods? I've heard of using corn and corn meal too. thanks
    When we go to toledo bend we use cottenseed cake (we get it at the feed stores) put it in pantyhouse and let it sink around the stump(s) you want to fish. It usually has bait fish around it in an hour or 2. Another good method is to use a bail of alfalfa hay and sink it where you want to fish. The hay is alot harder to sink but it will last up to 6 months (the cottenseed cake only last for 2-3 days). Both techniques have worked great for me.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!