Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Need I say anything?

Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks great!

That would signal coyote hunting time to me.
    It was over 90* here today.
    At least you should have ice fishing.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I have never liked ice fishing unfortunately. Sitting over a hole in the ice freezing my keester off never pushed my buttons. I need open water. Tell you what though if you were here you'd be in seventh heaven. We have coyotes all over the place and this year more bears than ever, and deer everywhere as well. I chased about 4 or 5 of them out of my yard just before I took that picture. I saw one of the nicest racks in velvet I have ever seen a few weeks back about half a mile from my house - 10-14 points, maybe more, but at the very least 10. Last week my neighbor across the road saw 3 black bear. I saw a fox, a raccoon, a squirrel, a woodchuck, and about 5 deer yesterday. Its like a zoo here lately. Snow has makes me grumpy ever since I turned 40.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-29-2008 at 02:44 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    I have never liked ice fishing unfortunately. Sitting over a hole in the ice freezing my keester off never pushed my buttons. I need open water. Tell you what though if you were here you'd be in seventh heaven. We have coyotes all over the place and this year more bears than ever, and deer everywhere as well. I chased about 4 or 5 of them out of my yard just before I took that picture. I saw one of the nicest racks in velvet I have ever seen a few weeks back about half a mile from my house - 10-14 points, maybe more, but at the very least 10. Last week my neighbor across the road saw 3 black bear. I saw a fox, a raccoon, a squirrel, a woodchuck, and about 5 deer yesterday. Its like a zoo here lately. Snow has makes me grumpy ever since I turned 40.
    Grizz, Thats why I left Ohio!!!!Once I hit the 40"s Snow & Cold werent fun anymore!Now if I get snow its usually gone by 1:00!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Mississippi!:D What is Snow?:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. It does not snow here like it used to. This may be the year for us to get it though, it is 26 with heavy frost here this morning. Be safe and stay warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pic....I love to be duck hunting when snow starts falling which isn't very often anymore....other than that it can stay up north...as you get older it becomes too much of a hassle to dress for it!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice picture, but it sure looks cold!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz it is even cold down here and this is really not usual for us this time of year. 34 yesterday and 37 this AM, but the rest of the week at least we will warm to the 70's.

Ice fishing, never understood that and why people like it, but I guess some get use to that cold. When I was a kid I loved the cold, but we have only had a hand full of years that it ever snows and only a couple inches at most.

Most on down to Texas and it still gets cold, but not like up North.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Woke up to 23 degrees and 2 inches of fresh snow on the ground, parts of NY and higher elevations here got way more.

Fatman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast