Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you let an 8 yeard old fire an Uzi?

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you let an 8 year old fire an Uzi?

No joke and some very sad truth today coming out of news. WESTFIELD, Mass. -- With an instructor watching, an 8-year-old boy at a gun fair aimed an Uzi at a pumpkin and pulled the trigger as his dad reached for a camera. This very sad incident cost this child his own life.

Pantagraph.com | News | 8-year-old boy fatally shoots himself with Uzi at gun show
    Last edited by backtocrappie; 10-28-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

and some people complain about havng gun control laws.. absolutely no need for an uzi outside of military or law enforcement anyway, and definaetly doesnt need to be at an unregulated gunshow...just sad that this stuff happens

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, let em start controlling what guns we can have, and they ain't gonna stop. What NEED does anyone have for a handgun using that logic?

As far as letting an 8 year old fire an automatic weapon, I think not. Single shot weapons at best for 8 year olds...

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with pstone on this one. I taught my son to shoot when he was 8 years old. We started with a bolt action .22 and progressed to a single shot 20 gage. There is no way that he or any other 8 year old child are ready for an UZI or any other automatic weapon. This is a terrible tragedy that could have and should have been avoided. My heart goes out to the family. Nuff said.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

i am an avid hunter but there is no need to for automatic weapons or uzis honestly...i know of no hunter that uses em and only time you ever hear bout them is school shootings or incidents such as this...you guys are all anti gun control but till its your kid that gets shot up... im not saying regulate all guns, leave shotguns handguns and rifles alone im just saying get rid of the uzis and mac 10 and other assault weapons, just no need for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you with some certainty my kid will never kill himself with an uzi at 8 years old. What makes you think that once they get banns on uzis and mac 10's, they are gonna stop there? They are not. They are going for handguns next, then on to hunting weapons. You are kidding yourself if you think organizations like Peta and other anti hunting organizations are gonna stop with banns of auto weapons....

THAT is why I an ANTI gun control....

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if this incident becomes a national matter, with Sarah Brady on CNN talking about how we need to get guns out of the hands of children, in this case she would be right.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    I can tell you with some certainty my kid will never kill himself with an uzi at 8 years old. What makes you think that once they get banns on uzis and mac 10's, they are gonna stop there? They are not. They are going for handguns next, then on to hunting weapons. You are kidding yourself if you think organizations like Peta and other anti hunting organizations are gonna stop with banns of auto weapons....

THAT is why I an ANTI gun control....
    what about another kid hurting or killing your kid with an uzi...lots of school shootings with these automatic weapons nowadays...
    i just dont see any legit need for automatic weapons if yournot in military.. shoot the police dont have em .. basically only people with these weapons are gang members and collectors whose kids get hold of em when they get picked on from school

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    what about another kid hurting or killing your kid with an uzi...lots of school shootings with these automatic weapons nowadays...
    i just dont see any legit need for automatic weapons if yournot in military.. shoot the police dont have em .. basically only people with these weapons are gang members and collectors whose kids get hold of em when they get picked on from school
    because if we ban, outlaw, and make them illegal, then gang members won't get them. Just like illegal drugs--no one sells them because they are illegal! illegal=bad guys won't get them!

:D

Post Thanks / Like

exactly my point no need for them and if they were illegal they wouldnt get into the wrong hands as much as they do know since there really isnt no obvius use for em

shoot if i wanted to i could just go to a gun show buy a bunch of uzis and sell them to every gang i know easily.. just absolutely no point in em
    Last edited by john h; 10-28-2008 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast