Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Experience this past weekend

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Strange Experience this past weekend

I was running up the Tennessee River near Perryville. My girlfriends step dad riding along. We were going about 55mph. Mike yells at me, " hey look" I turn my head to the left and there is an Apache helicopter about 20' off the water and 50 yards away, flying alongside. I waved, the pilot and gunner waved and they kept going. Then one went right over the top of me and another to the right. Awesome! I just wish they would have shot a couple of jet skis for me with them rockets. On another note I caught the crap out of bream this afternoon. I cleaned 43 good ones.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

MAN THAT SOUNDS AWESOME.....

Even the fishing!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that would make it an interesting day.

Post Thanks / Like

Happens on Truman lake in Missouri daily. I also see the apaches doing the map of the earth fly just above the trees. The can sure scare the poop out of a man. Even better when the A-10's do mock straffing at the water, no bullets mind you. To bad it would be nice to rid the lake of jetskis and skiers. Also sometimes we get a chance to see a B-2 bomber flying back into Whiteman Airforce base just north of Truman lake. Makes you feel good to see them boys out fly about.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That must be one heck of a fishing spot to have them ride shot gun for you .

See Ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default USS Cole

I have another one. A couple of years ago out in the Gulf we came upon the USS Cole after it had been repaired at the Mississippi shipyard. Of course we knew not to get too close to it but when we were about a mile or so(I think) our Loran and GPS stopped working. Electronic countermeasures do work.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

TAE73 ... that's NAP of the earth ( Near As Possible) ....LOL

Fiddle farter believe it or not they were probably Targeting you ... I've had them do it on the interstate and the A10's used the combine as targeting practice when we're out in the fall !!
    Keep in mind that the 120mm cannon on the nose of that thing has a targeting recticle built into the helmet , where ever he looks when that thing is on is where it points the nose gun !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I once has 3 Cobra gunships circling and firing rockets and miniguns about 300 yards in front of the bunker I was in one night. I can't really say it was a fun experiance but I am sure glad they were on my side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DmDuck
    TAE73 ... that's NAP of the earth ( Near As Possible) ....LOL

Yeah yeah.. I didnt proof read my stuff
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

You fellas have some interesting stories!! the only one I have is : Back in my high school years a buddy and I were fishing in a farm pond one afternoon, off in the distance we could see this odd shaped black " thing" coming towards us pretty low to the ground. As it got closer we could make it out -- it was a stealth bomber, at about 2000 feet or so. I had read alot about them but never seen one up close, those things are huge. Funny thing is that we didn't hear a sound from the plane until after it had passed over us, then we heard plenty!!!! Like someone else said before in this thread, I am sure glad they are on our side!!!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast