Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aerobait Bait Savers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerobait Bait Savers?

How do you like yours?...How many minnows will the smaller 7 Qt size comfortably hold?...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I recently bought one because my father has used one without a problem for the last four years. I couldn't be happier with it. I have had up to 100 medium crappie minnows in mine overnight without a problem, but i believe this is about max. Plus it has epic battery life and no pump hanging off the side. Best of all i think its made in USA
    Last edited by Crappie Commando; 10-26-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default live fish

Where most closed systems fall short for me is in very hot weather. No amount of insulation will keep the water inside cold if its is really hot outside. I would not think the aerobait bucket had any better pump than any other cheap batt air pump. I used a big bubbles pump on my 150 qt ice chest for a long time.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

OK! What does this thing look like?

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the 7 quart size...I have had up to 6 dozen in it at one time..plenty of room left. Its the best thing I ever bought for fishing. The minnows stay alive during the hottest summer days...just use common sense and don't leave the bucket in direct sunlight or be sure to keep the top on it. If mine quit today...I would buy another one asap.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Like this .......

Quote Originally Posted by foul hook View Post
    OK! What does this thing look like?

Cabela's -- Aerobait Bait Saver Bucket

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have Frabill's 6 gallon unit and I love the concept, but I am on my second one and the aerator is making a horrible noise after 4 months of use. Yes, it will keep minnows alive during hot weather as long as you keep the lid down. I have kept over 20 dozen minnows alive for over two days and they were still kicking. Make sure to change the water out daily if you plan on keeping leftovers.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I got this kind.......

Cept I gotta blue bucket. Works too.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

also will help in the hot of summer to put a frozen bottle of water in the bucket and let it float cold water helps keep the minnows alive in any situation if you keep the water cold enough you don't even have to have a pump and can keep them alive for days but thats only if the water temp is kept down just before you hook you minnow and throw it in you want to make sure to try and raise the minnow temperature to the water as close as possible so it will be more lively and dosent go into shock
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster04 View Post
    I have Frabill's 6 gallon unit and I love the concept, but I am on my second one and the aerator is making a horrible noise after 4 months of use. Yes, it will keep minnows alive during hot weather as long as you keep the lid down. I have kept over 20 dozen minnows alive for over two days and they were still kicking. Make sure to change the water out daily if you plan on keeping leftovers.
    Three of us bought the Frabills, and they all quit after less than three trips. Great looking bucket if they had worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast