Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a difference 1 week makes

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a difference 1 week makes

Went out last week (10/16)and the water temp was 62 degrees. I caught about 100 crappie but nothing over 8 inches, let along anything close to my keep size of 10".

This week (10/23)the morning temp was 48 and went up to 52 degrees. Found the big ones stacked. Smallest one kept was 10.5" and the biggest wound up being 14".

Most came on the Midsouth tube. Caught a bunch on Assassins and grubs, but the bigger ones came shooting docks with the tube shown.

Location - Upper Chesapeake Bay river
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

sure wish i could find them devils here will have to try harder guess nice mess of fish
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

You give me encouragment! Last Sunday, I caught about 30 crappie shooting docks and 99% were less that 8". A cold front is going to hit this week and maybe the bigger fish will turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the same docks today with the same results. DINKS! The cold front is coming tommorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

man them are some nice fish!!! I also have that rod and I would say its my favorite rod ever purchased. It has to much play in it but also had some mad backbone, love it!!!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    man them are some nice fish!!! I also have that rod and I would say its my favorite rod ever purchased. It has to much play in it but also had some mad backbone, love it!!!
    Pray tell how in he-- did you know what kind of rod ???? -----I could,nt read that with a microscope
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

MD, congrats on the nice catch, quite impressive. As for your rod I can't say I've ever seen one, but that is a unique looking reel seat. Thanks for the report and the nice pictures. I love those blacks.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I know what you mean. I have this rod and also an Extreme in the same 5'6" light action. The Extreme is my preferred rod as it is not quite as whippy as this one, even though their specs are listed as identical.

For those how can't make out the rod - it's a Wally Marshall Crappie rod from BPS.....the one Ernest recommended to me last year. Works great!

Post Thanks / Like

That is one deadly jig. I have one on my lines at all times. Water here is muddy as all get out, but they still seem to find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish MDCrappie! I use to have that rod more than I do now, cause when the wife goes with me that's the one she want's to use. So I use my ALL STAR Crappie classic rod I got for a gift, I like it but when the wife's not with me, 60 degrees or less. I'm using the wally rod! Also that's what's going on around here, Mostly shorts a couple weeks to a month ago, you have to catch 50 or so to get your limit of 15/10inchers. But the day after Thanksgiving My Dad and I went and Got both of our limits in about 60 Crappie. 20 of the 30 keepers were between 12 1/2 and 14 1/4 Inches. The big ones are Stacking up! 48degree water finally!!