Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Are we fishing for bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are we fishing for bait?

Found myself making a run to the grocery store last evening, and ended up in the magazine section (looking for this extra Crappie USA publication I've read about). They didn't have what I was looking for, but the Crappies on the front of this months In-Fisherman caught my attention. Short article on finding/fishing summertime, suspended crappie - nothing mind blowing.
    But, a few pages later - laid out on a two page spread was the musky. I've been told that it takes a lot to impress me - I was impressed! The length I've seen before - typical 50 inch class fish (maybe a little longer), but the girth of that fish was incredible. After skimming through the article on crappies, I couldn't help but wonder how many panfish that were on their way to an anglers boat got "redirected" by this behemoth.
    I can usually count on having a few encounters with Northern pike each year while fishing for crappie, but it is normally with the smaller 6-9" fish that these prdeators show themselves. The musky spread out before me on those laminated pages could easily dine on a 12-14" slab crappie, making me wonder - are we fishing for bait? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Muskie get real big. And if you think about it, everything is Bait. Heck, we're only bait for bait, we're "food for worms" when we die!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best