Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some People

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some People

I know it isn't the first time for this, but this is the worst that I have come across in a long time. My wife and I was Crappie fishing in a small cove on a private lake yesterday, when a couple of guy's pulled up in a new big shiney Bass Boat. They proceeded to cast spinnerbaits and Worms around my boat. This is a narrow cove and not very deep. I never said anything to them and figured they would wise up and leave. I caught a nice 13 inch crappie and they switched to spinning rods and started casting in the cove trying to catch Crappie. Needless to say this really ticked me off. I use my trolling motor to move around and hardly ever anchor. I turned my boat sideways and let the wind just drift me towards them. They finally got the idea and moved out of the cove and went down the lake. They said several times that I was drifting towards them but I turned my back to them and kept fishing. Sometimes actions are louder that words. You would think fishermen would have more curtosy towards other fishermen. I try to stay away from other fishermen if they are fishing or anchored. That is my complaint for today. The Spawn is about over in Ne. Only caught a few females yesterday. Mostly males on the beds now.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I sure won't say un-believeable, but that is sad people just don't get it!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

It is sad EagerBeaver & GABoy that some people don't know what common courtesy is these day's. But I guess it's all in how you are raised.
    Beaver; been there.

Post Thanks / Like

Just two weeks ago, I was putting my boat in one evening, at a double ramp. The fellow next to me on the ramp was in a brand new bass boat with a 200hp motor. First he says my trailer is too big for my"little boat". I explained that the trailer was made for a 21' bassboat, but my, Quote, little boat was 16' long and 52" across the bottom. Next we shoved the boats off the trailers, and he asked what model that old motor of mine was. I responded that I bought it new in '68 and that it was a 30hp Evinrude. He went on to say, I would probably be cranking on it when they got back from fishing. One pull on ole' reliable quelled that notion. Later, coming to trailer back up, who was there but the same guy. I asked if they had any luck, to which he said only a couple of decent sized crappie. On that note, I pulled by fish basket up to show him 24 slabbers, and had to say NOT BAD FOR A LITTLE BOAT AND OLD MOTOR. I could not resitst telling him there was a fish market in a neighboring town if they liked to eat fish. Never discount the old man in the aluminum boat!!

Post Thanks / Like

wow meat that was great. bet that fellar will think twice before he opens his mouth again. then again maybe not. those high dollar boats dont teach you a thing about fishing except that you spent a lot of money and still cant catch anything lol

Post Thanks / Like

Bought-er new in 68, I heard that meat, From the time i was 8 til i was 21 I'd ride in my grandfathers home made wooden boat he sent off for some plans and built it. It had a 62-3-4-5- 30hp scott on. kinda felt asahamed when we put in at the landing with all the other nicer boat's( I got over that) But when we'd get back to the landing all the other fishermen would be shamed with all the slabs we had, I still have the boat and motor, my grandfather gave it to me before he passed away, When i get a chance, I'm going to restore it. and then guess what? I'm gonna use it.
    IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BOAT & MOTOR THAT COUNT'S. IT'S THE PERSON IN THE BOAT

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell em when they're wrong!

I was drift fishing for crappies and walleyes at this lake in ohio, just across the pa. border. There were quite a few boats drifting in this area. Anyway, i drifted across what i thought was a brushpile and both my bobbers went down. I got both fish. Crappies. I threw a marker bouy out and when i got the second fish in the boat, went back to the marker and found that it wasn't a pile, but a weed edge. I backed off and dropped my anchor and proceeded to start catching fish. Was getting hits on every cast. After about 12 really nice crappies, this guy and his buddy pulls up within casting distance of me and the marker. and one starts throwing in my direction. I told him, not very nicely either, that he was getting too close. He said he had been drifting thru here earlier. I asked him, why he didn't throw out a marker when he found the fish. He said he didn't find them. I told him and you didn't find these so move on. He pulled in his anchor, fired up his motor, and gunned out of there. I guess he thought he would mess up the fishing but he didn't. I caught fish there for the next three hours. The crappies moved out and the big bluegills moved in. Got 3 that were 10"s out of the 40 something that i caught. Lots of 8" and better. Kept 25 for me and my brother. But for the rest of that day i had boats altering their drifts to get close to where i was catching fish. This lake has a bad reputation for people moving in on your marker and even sometimes picking your marker up. You're right about SOME PEOPLE.

Post Thanks / Like

Meat, keep your head up high and continue to take the high road, i would have loved to have seen that jerk's face when you got back to the ramp with your slab's and i too fish out of a jon boat, i blew my bass boat up back in the winter so i have been fishing out of my little jon and it has taught me to fish much slower and wiser.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

See I never have to deal with "Some people " ...could be the "snake gun " I wear on my side most of the time ....

I do however deal with some peole fishermen when I'm hunting Teal & Geese in the early season ....can someone explain that ? I mean a pistol vs. a 12 or 10 gauge shotgun and I worry more guys with the pistol than I do the scattergun.

I've come to realize seriously though , most of those "some people " are just the unfortunate one's who's parents didn't care enough to bust their royal "backside" when they were kids !
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Dm, its because they know you are a HUNTER when you have a shotgun and are waiting for teal and geese. Not many hunters routinely shoot people just because they are jerks. If someone is out fishing with a handgun strapped on and visible , there isn't much doubt they just might be a little deranged. But that can work in your favor!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast