Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a rough year

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a rough year

it has been a long year for my wife and I. One of our dearest and best band parents, (and very close freind) died in October of a sudden heart attack. He was a great man and was the kind of person you really try to be more like. He had a son and a daughter in the band program here. We have started a scholarship in his name for students going to college studying music.

Well, the year started great with my wife and I learning we were pregnant, with triplets. That all turned into a nightmare December 19th when Christy went into premature labor. We lost one immediatly but the doctors were able to somehow keep the other two in the womb for 2 more weeks. They were born 2 weeks later very premature(23 weeks). They each weighed 1 pound 4 ounces. Well, David Ross lived 3 dayys and Hunter lived 14 days. She and I are still trying to cope with that loss every day.

2 weeks ago, we recieved a 6am phone call, which are never good, with Christy's grandmother letting us know that her uncle had commited suicide the night before. This could not have been more shocking news, especially the man who did it. We have now been dealing with that situation the past week.

I guess the whole reason I am writing this is to say that crappie fishing, and crappie.com has done a world of good for me. It has allowed me to talk to really good people about something besides doom and gloom. Fishing is the worlds best therapy. I have tried to explain that to my wife, and I think she is starting to get the picture. Thanks Edd for this great website. It truly has been a blessing for me.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    it has been a long year for my wife and I. One of our dearest and best band parents, (and very close freind) died in October of a sudden heart attack. He was a great man and was the kind of person you really try to be more like. He had a son and a daughter in the band program here. We have started a scholarship in his name for students going to college studying music.

Well, the year started great with my wife and I learning we were pregnant, with triplets. That all turned into a nightmare December 19th when Christy went into premature labor. We lost one immediatly but the doctors were able to somehow keep the other two in the womb for 2 more weeks. They were born 2 weeks later very premature(23 weeks). They each weighed 1 pound 4 ounces. Well, David Ross lived 3 dayys and Hunter lived 14 days. She and I are still trying to cope with that loss every day.

2 weeks ago, we recieved a 6am phone call, which are never good, with Christy's grandmother letting us know that her uncle had commited suicide the night before. This could not have been more shocking news, especially the man who did it. We have now been dealing with that situation the past week.

I guess the whole reason I am writing this is to say that crappie fishing, and crappie.com has done a world of good for me. It has allowed me to talk to really good people about something besides doom and gloom. Fishing is the worlds best therapy. I have tried to explain that to my wife, and I think she is starting to get the picture. Thanks Edd for this great website. It truly has been a blessing for me.
    David and family.....know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many here on the board. Losing a close friend is always difficult , but 7hen it is closer to home , it really makes one wonder, why???.....I am glad that you have found a way to work through it, as keeping it inside will tear you up...
    If you need someone to talk to.......here we are

God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....that is almost too much to bear. I know there is nothing I can say.

May God bless your family!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes life sux! and there is no other way to express it. My heart really goes out to you and your family.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

David I too am lost for words to this news, Just know you and your family are in our prayers. We always don't see the big picture, but soon we will. God bless.