Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ This Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ This Weekend

How's the bite at the lake supposed to be this weekend (or how has it been). Trying to decide whether to make the 3 hour trek or not - know it supposed to be fairly sunny and 60 - just wondering with the cold front heading in how it's been...

Post Thanks / Like

:D
    Went on the 10th at Coffman Beach and fishing was slow yet very worthwhile! Three of us had around 20-25 at about 10am, went to millionaires cove and ended up with 43 fish at 1pm. Those 43 fish overflowed a 5 gal bucket w/o water in it ! These fish would nail it and play like a big'un:D
    Some of the best fish I have seen in a while, not to mention it should only get better from here !! I would recommend going fishing while this weekend looks great weather wise, I love to fish but I also love to be comfortable, and this is the time of year for both Hope that helps you make up your mind! Hopefully I make a trip down myself!!:D
    Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfool View Post
    :D
    Went on the 10th at Coffman Beach and fishing was slow yet very worthwhile! Three of us had around 20-25 at about 10am, went to millionaires cove and ended up with 43 fish at 1pm. Those 43 fish overflowed a 5 gal bucket w/o water in it ! These fish would nail it and play like a big'un:D
    Some of the best fish I have seen in a while, not to mention it should only get better from here !! I would recommend going fishing while this weekend looks great weather wise, I love to fish but I also love to be comfortable, and this is the time of year for both Hope that helps you make up your mind! Hopefully I make a trip down myself!!:D
    Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    Details man, details!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Lower lake closer to the dam.
    Upper lake is turning over in some spots.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been spotty on the Big Niangua, think it is turning over on the upper end.

Sort of scattered, having to get pretty vertical on them to get them to bite. They are all stuffed whith shad. Water temp is down to low to mid 60's, so is getting close if this weather evens out some.

Good luck, hope you get into 'em.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday water temps on Grand around Bucksaw area were 64.2 at 7 AM and 65.5 at noon. Won't be long before the turnover starts there with these colder nights in the forecast.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.