Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Guest......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dear Guest......

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at this graphic from different points of view, especially from the point of view of a guest, I came to the conclusion that some might take it as being pushy or possibly even arrogant. Let me promise you that was certainly not my intent.

Here was my frame of mind when I created it.....

Anyone that lïoks at the "Who's Online" will on many occassions see that Guest out number the members 2:1 and many times 3:1 or 4:1.
    I stopped and thought, Geez, All those guest probably hold a ton of information, about not only Crappie fishing but many other things that coincide with fishing in general.

I also know that I am fairly new on this board, and I was probably a Guest for two or three weeks before I decided to register. What happened to me, I'm sure has also happened to some of you.
    I'd be surfing the post and see a place where I would have asked a question or suggested something from my experiences.......if I was just registered. Nahhhh.....not worth the trouble of registering for one or two items....then it becomes three or four items......then.....yuhhh gotta do'it!

I and I am quite sure all the members would encourage you to register, even if you feel you will never post......but I'll bet two dozen dead Crappie Minnows that once you are registered you will pull the trigger
    Last edited by VietVet68; 05-24-2005 at 11:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be Vet that we are registered but only practicing our TROLLING! I sometimes come( No always ) to the site to see whats been posted and only log in if I have something to add. Pretty neet site too! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    Could be Vet that we are registered but only practicing our TROLLING! I sometimes come( No always ) to the site to see whats been posted and only log in if I have something to add. Pretty neet site too! Thanks
    Holy Crappy Poop, Taz......I never considered that many of the "Guest" could be registered lurkers! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VietVet68
    Holy Crappy Poop, Taz......I never considered that many of the "Guest" could be registered lurkers! LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Under user profile there is an option that will allow members to browse anonymously.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushy or arrogant

Hey V.Vet, I don't see you as being pushy or arrogant or even prejudice. I noticed the picture had both "black" and "white" crappie in it! LOL!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounded good to me vet;; like shadow said you got a black & white crappie posted And a great big Hook that could be costruded as; Once you register and get on an post your HOOKED>>>>>>>>>>>.So Welcome All you non-members come on in the water's fine

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well put vet!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Vet ....

I know it's phonetically correct, maybe even ebonically correct, but "meaning" wise ........... Crappy means "bad" - Crappie means "good" You may want to change the spelling of the word describing our "family". We may be a little disfunctional, at times, but most of the time we mean no harm :D ............. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    I know it's phonetically correct, maybe even ebonically correct, but "meaning" wise ........... Crappy means "bad" - Crappie means "good" You may want to change the spelling of the word describing our "family". We may be a little disfunctional, at times, but most of the time we mean no harm :D ............. cp
    LOL....yep u r correct, I sort of did it as a play on words, I'll get my paint remover out here in a little bit and correct it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast