Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: well made a big step.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default well made a big step.......

finally broke down and bought a grayline 25 gal bait tank :D it was hard on the wallet, but hopefully well worth it!

striper better watch out now!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was rich instead of pretty

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 10 gallon aquarium from a yard sale, cost me $8..... I'm not rich or pretty........just cheap.
    Last edited by Goatkisser; 10-23-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    "If ya have too many decoys, ya need a bigger boat....If ya don't, ya need more decoys"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete, you should love that tank. In warmer weather you have to pay more attention to the filters and water temps, but spring early summer its fill it and forget it. I love my Grayline.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

one question i got about the grayline....is it supposed to put any current in the tank? i filled her up at the back yard, and she worked fine but didnt put off much of any current? if memory served me right it shot off a nice stream and kept the bait moving in a circle.

will be putting it to the test tomorrow at Norman. got a crew member and will be on water at 0400 for the first daytime striperstalk of the fall/winter :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously Pete....I have heard the grayline is the top of the line in bait tanks. You will enjoy it...good luck on your Norman trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Default grayline

Pete, my grayline puts pretty good current in the tank. Fill it to just above the bottom of the filter box and it will pur current in the tank. Make sure the pump is turned the right way too, or it won't make much current. Other than that, I like mine. Kept shad good last weekend although the stripers didn't cooperate.

Post Thanks / Like

pete the current that you've seen in other bait tanks is probably stronger than yours. the old adage that you need to keep them swimming has gone to the new system that keeps them slowly moving so as not to wear themselves out. got a few buds that have tanks and they create very little circular movement at all. keep shad for days although they do still dope them. they just change the filter and no red nose.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Good move. Grayline uses the same system as the Keep Alive bait tanks so you should be happy with the tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete you keep adding all this gear to your boat pretty soon your not going to have room for the fish you catch or your going to need a bigger boat!!