Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing

The current issue of crappie world magazine has an informative article on night fishing for crappie. If you are thinking of doing some, its a good place to start gettin some info on fishing for these critters at night. The author dont address the issue i feel is the most important part of setting up at night and that is gettin a strong anchor so the boat wont be shifting back and forth so the bite will be obvious when it comes.. take the time to get that anchor, even if it means draggin it a half dozen times before it hangs. you wont regret it, i promise. I use the chene style ancors with a short chain on it. spray painting the rod tips with flat white paint is also a huge aid in seein the bite. If you have some pet rods you use for other kinds of fishing you may not wanna paint it. in that case id say bite the bullet and do it, or get you some ultralite rods with soft tips you wont mind painting. Rod holders and onboard lighting is a matter of choice. whatever works for you. fishing lights is also a matter of choice. i like the qbeams, and the floaters. I dont care much for the green ones. not saying they dont work, just that its not my cup of tea. soon they will be turning on again and catching them at night is a lot of fun. If you havent ever tried it, or have tried it and got discouraged jump in there with the rest of us night stalkers and youll have a whole new fishing experience open up for you. good luck.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Rango--With these storms coming thru it looks like readin about nitefishin is gonna be the extent of our participation in the sport. The temps the next few days are gonna be alittle cooler. Maybe the lake will cool down enough to turn em on. I was lookin at Sun nite for a trip. How do you feel about fishin the muddy water?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i cant give you an answer on sunday right now. but its looking good . if the water is muddy, i probably wont go as ive never done any good in muddy water with the submersible lights.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...