Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishcrazy

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishcrazy

i FREQUINTLY TRAVEL TO MICHIGAN TO VISIT THE INLAWS AND MOSTLY FISH WHILE I AM THERE ON THE FLETCHER FLOODWATERS THEY CALL IT. IT IS ABOUT 30 MILES FROM ALPENA. LIKE THOSE NORTHERN PIKE BUT HAVENT GOTTEN INTO ANY CRAPPIE YET. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO TARGET THEM ON THAT LAKE?

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO GET INTO SOME WALLEYE WHILE THERE. ANY HELP WITH THE EASTERN AND NORTH PART OF THE STATE AROUND ALPINA WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fletchers Floodwaters

I have caught some crappie here but not in great numbers. The ones I have caught have been nice keeper size. I just get in the middle of the lake in the stumps and timber and drift with the wind using tube jigs. the heavier the timber the better the bite seems to be. Blue body with white tail seems to produce very well. Let us know how you do if you go.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi magnum. I guess this is a bit strange for a North Carolina and a South Carolina fisherman to be talking about fishing on the Michigan board EH? I never did get into any crappie up there last year but going back first part of June this year and hope to find em then. Thanks for the heads up. Lots of stumps in that lake. And weeds also. So you live up there or haqve friends there or family or what. Spring just breaking here and the crappie spawn is just beginning. When does that happen up in Fletchers?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FishCrazy. I was born in Davison MI and I have a summer home in Black River. Right on the shores of Huron. About 23 miles south of Alpena. I hope you have good luck.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.