Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall rookie, NEEDS HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall rookie, NEEDS HELP

I've always fished in the spring and have always hunted in the fall. This year I want to try some fall fishing and this is something I've never done. My buddies all hunt as well, so no real local help there either.

So I'm in need of help. I spring fish about 3 hours away on KY lake around the Big/West Sandy area. I want to try it there, so any of you that have any experience with fall fishing, please feel free to offer.

Through the generosity of others, I have some gps waypoints of the area I want to fish. I have them in all differnt depts and along ledges and creeks.

Questions are as follows

• 1.) If I have several gps waypoints in a row, if they are fairly close do I "sit" over them or do I drift/troll along each one?
      2.) Do I use one rod or use my rod holders
      3.) Do I "jig" up and down or just let it be a natural presentaion and let the natrual movement of the boat make the action
      4.) Do ya'll use jigs, jigs with minnows, jigs with nibbles
      5.) Do I use a KY rig with minnows
      6.) Will fish in Oct/Nov be in the same type of patterns in Dec/Jan

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am looking to go next week and looking for any advice. Thanks, Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Fish just about the same way you do in the spring. Remember that certain areas of Big Sandy close Oct. 31st
    FISH-ON!!!!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Brad ...

Quote Originally Posted by lungbuster View Post
    I've always fished in the spring and have always hunted in the fall. This year I want to try some fall fishing and this is something I've never done. My buddies all hunt as well, so no real local help there either.
    So I'm in need of help. I spring fish about 3 hours away on KY lake around the Big/West Sandy area. I want to try it there, so any of you that have any experience with fall fishing, please feel free to offer.
    Through the generosity of others, I have some gps waypoints of the area I want to fish. I have them in all differnt depts and along ledges and creeks.
    Questions are as follows
    • 1.) If I have several gps waypoints in a row, if they are fairly close do I "sit" over them or do I drift/troll along each one?
      2.) Do I use one rod or use my rod holders
      3.) Do I "jig" up and down or just let it be a natural presentaion and let the natrual movement of the boat make the action
      4.) Do ya'll use jigs, jigs with minnows, jigs with nibbles
      5.) Do I use a KY rig with minnows
      6.) Will fish in Oct/Nov be in the same type of patterns in Dec/Jan

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am looking to go next week and looking for any advice. Thanks, Brad
    I can't really offer you any advice for that particular area ... but, check out Cane Pole's post "Conjured up som nice fishes Tuesday" That should give you an idea of what's working right now, anyway. And I'm sure you'll get some more great info, from some of our other members.

... cp