Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain Report

Went up to Twain on Saturday and squeaked out a limit. The biggest was 14 inches and all told, they averaged around 10.5-11 inches. I could catch little scudders all day long around the banks with the float set at about 30 inches deep, but I soon realized that was ALL I would catch there. I ended up targeting deeper trees dabbling with the long poles. I finally found a couple spots where catching them was like picking apples, but that was later in the day. Not many people I talked to caught many keeper-sized crappie, but they also kept beating the banks (with minnows)thinking that if they kept doing it, something would change. Conditions like this definitely make people start to use the "bent rod pattern". Especially when they see you throwing fish into your livewell and all they are doing is throwing them back in the water! It was a nice day and there were boat trailers up into the upper lot of Robert Allen ramp. Get ready for Memorial Day- that is when it REALLY becomes a zoo!

Post Thanks / Like

Was up there last Saturday, the 28th, for most of the day. Stayed off the main part of the lake, but still saw our fair share of the skiers and such. Brought home 20 keepers 9-11" between two of us and caught 60+ crappie, most less than 7". Fish were right on bank near brush and deeper water. Tried out a bit deeper but didn't have much luck. Talked to others who tried deeper water also but still were bogged down with small fish. Bait didn't matter much as fish were pretty aggressive.

I won't be back for a few weeks so I guess they'll be in summer patterns then and I hope I can find some good schools of bigger fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Twaingang,

Glad your weekend was good. Mine was more like jolle's we squeaked out a limit but it was slim most 2-3 feet deep in deeper water. I didn't think that the traffic was that bad on the lake for a holiday. We are right by Spalding.