Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grillin fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grillin fish

I have always wanted to BBQ some fish. I just don't know how to go about it without the fish falling apart. I have been told to put it in foil but that kind of defeats the purpose of BBQing it. Wouldn't that be the same as putting it in the oven? I want the smoke flavor :-)

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by GlenC
    I have always wanted to BBQ some fish. I just don't know how to go about it without the fish falling apart. I have been told to put it in foil but that kind of defeats the purpose of BBQing it. Wouldn't that be the same as putting it in the oven? I want the smoke flavor :-)
    Get a shrip grill basket(clam shell type). Holds the fish together nicelyfor grilling.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

GlenC;; I bought 4 fish grilling racks at walmart there about 8''x 8''. you spary it with pamm real good, open it up place the fish inside close it it's got a slide bar that tighten's down on it to keep it closed. its made so you can flip the fish over from one side to the other when it's cooked just take it off the grill open the basket fork the fish out your good to go, I'm not sure aboo=ut the bbq sauce whether it would do any good to use pamm cause the sauce will crystalize to the basket while cooking so the fish may stick

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks CL

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    GlenC;; I bought 4 fish grilling racks at walmart there about 8''x 8''. you spary it with pamm real good, open it up place the fish inside close it it's got a slide bar that tighten's down on it to keep it closed. its made so you can flip the fish over from one side to the other when it's cooked just take it off the grill open the basket fork the fish out your good to go, I'm not sure aboo=ut the bbq sauce whether it would do any good to use pamm cause the sauce will crystalize to the basket while cooking so the fish may stick
    That is what i been trying to explain (fish grilling racks) except when I got mine it read shrimp grilling...lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool thanks. I doubt I would use bbq sauce. Maybe some lemon or something of that nature (butter). I have a smoker and would like to smoke some fish. Gotta find em and catch em first thought ......lol.... I need one of you okies round here to come show me how its done :D

Post Thanks / Like

there probbally the same thing cane pole just different names

Post Thanks / Like

GlenC your making me hungry and it almost bedtime i can't go in there and start fixin fish now. man since i started grillin them little rascals they got a good taste, like you said that smoke flavor is good

Post Thanks / Like

GlenC your making me hungry and it almost bedtime i can't go in there and start fixin fish now. man since i started grillin them little rascals they got a good taste, like you said that smoke flavor is good

HAHA.... Well, im at work til midnight so at least you can do something bout the hunger ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Gut and gill the fish. Underneath the backbone is a membrane. Cut it with the tip of the knife and flush out the red gunk under the faucet. Soak the fish in a solution of 1 cup salt to a gallon of water for an hour. Stuff the cavity with herbs and put in smoker and smoke on low heat for several hours. Raise temp and cook til flesh reaches 140 degrees. The skin and scales peel right off and the meat comes off the bones easily. I flake the meat and mix it with lemon juice and mayo to eat on crackers.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now that does look good.

I think I'll have Doug fire up the smoker this weekend and do a couple of trout that way.
    For grilling, we either use a fish basket or that new Reynolds Release foil. spray the heck out of the basket, but the release doesn't need anything. It has holes for the smoke to come through (you just lay it on top of the grill rack - don't wrap it around the fish). I like to brush my fish with Wish Bone Robust Italian salad dressing. Works great on grilled veggies, too. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast