Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Deck and Adhesive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Deck and Adhesive

Am replacing carpet on floor of boat. The sides, front and back deck are fine. I am thinking of putting a rubber or rubber type floor. Anyone done anything similar? If so, what did you use? Any input on type of adhesive to use would also be appreciated. Thanx.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can say anything but make sure you use a very flexible adhesive if your going to do rubber.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

5200 sealent would probably work good. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Just use a spray on bedliner, it's rubbery, durable, and fairly inexpensive. If you go with carpet use an exterior adhesive. Wherever you get your carpet will have it. It will be a flammable, smelly goo that will make you drunk as a monkey so be sure you are outside, not in your garage.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea superdave, thanks so much. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat carpet

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
    Just use a spray on bedliner, it's rubbery, durable, and fairly inexpensive. If you go with carpet use an exterior adhesive. Wherever you get your carpet will have it. It will be a flammable, smelly goo that will make you drunk as a monkey so be sure you are outside, not in your garage.
    Superdave,

I too want to re-do the carpet on my boat. Is there anything that can help me scrap off the old glue from the metal that the old carpet was on? Or should I replace the metal as well? Also, what spray are you talking about.

Fishing is an addiction and I'm trying to dose up daily!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wiring my boat.

Does anyone have any tips on which wiring I should use to run along the boat? I will run it through pvc pipe, but I need some help with which kind to start withand where to get it. I heard something about medium wiring, but that's chinese to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the wiring I need is conditioning wire. Am I right? If so, which size do I use 12 gauge or higher?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishaholik View Post
    Superdave,

I too want to re-do the carpet on my boat. Is there anything that can help me scrap off the old glue from the metal that the old carpet was on? Or should I replace the metal as well? Also, what spray are you talking about.
    You can get some adhesive remover but that stuff can be a real pain. A wallpaper scraper may be your best bet. If you want to use a solvent, try a small section first to see how it's going to work before just going all out.

The spray is truck bed liner. You can get rattle cans of it at Wal-Mart or Auto Zone. But to do a whole,boat you might be better off buying it in a gallon can and brushing it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
    You can get some adhesive remover but that stuff can be a real pain. A wallpaper scraper may be your best bet. If you want to use a solvent, try a small section first to see how it's going to work before just going all out.

The spray is truck bed liner. You can get rattle cans of it at Wal-Mart or Auto Zone. But to do a whole,boat you might be better off buying it in a gallon can and brushing it on.
    I feel like I'm on a cartoon, but what tha h#ll... Thanks Superdave!!!! :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast