Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bait tank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait tank

Yesterday I noticed some of you guys were talking about wanting a bait tank mostly for shad. I bought one of these tanks for several dozen minnows at a time and it works great. It holds 14 gallons of water and it sucks in air and runs through the pump into the water. I have tried to keep shad alive that I scooped by the lights at night but I didn't keep up with how long they lasted. I did use some shad keeper you can find at a bait shop and it recommends cooling the water in the tank. I bought mine at Hill's Minnow Farm in early summer for $125 and I know they cost more now, but not as much as Bass Pro wants in this link.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...1000_100-11-14

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Grayline tank back in the spring. It is a 25 gallon tank and it works great. Just make sure you keep your filter changed and chemicals right. I kept 41 gizzard shad out of Oak Hollow Lake for 6 days without touching the water back in April. Well worth the price.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

try putting them in a different bucket for about 10 minutes and then dipping them into the holding tank to get rid of some slime.