HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: waterloo area

Post Thanks / Like

Default waterloo area

any good fishing near waterloo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckfinder View Post
    any good fishing near waterloo?
    The walleye bite is going on right now on the Cedar River and you should be able to get some crappies in the back water areas and lakes.Water surface temps are in the mid to upper 50's right now.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good question speckfinder. I was looking myself for that info. Looking for employment in that city and didn't see a bunch of lakes around it and haven't seen much for info on here. I am currently in VA and looking to relocate back to my home state of Iowa.
    So which lakes are better for crappie? What size boats do you usually use on the Cedar River, jon boats or up to 18' walleye boats? Believe me, I'll take some walleye too.
    Hope things work out and I can come join you folks in some crappie fishing. Sure have been enjoying it here and crappie.com freinds I have met.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berdman View Post
    Good question speckfinder. I was looking myself for that info. Looking for employment in that city and didn't see a bunch of lakes around it and haven't seen much for info on here. I am currently in VA and looking to relocate back to my home state of Iowa.
    So which lakes are better for crappie? What size boats do you usually use on the Cedar River, jon boats or up to 18' walleye boats? Believe me, I'll take some walleye too.
    Hope things work out and I can come join you folks in some crappie fishing. Sure have been enjoying it here and crappie.com freinds I have met.
    I'm about 60 miles SE of Waterloo along the Cedar River and around here you can use both boats.Allot of guy's come down this way to fish Lake MacBride and Coralville Res. for crappies.There are little county lakes SW of there and to the west and north.The walleye fishing is better up on that stretch of the river then down by me.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info lebruce!
    Wouldn't know of anyone that works at the JD factory? Just trying to find out what it takes to get in there, and what it's like.