Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good day Sunday Evening

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good day Sunday Evening

No church sunday night, put the boat in about 4:30pm and fished two and one half hours. I caught twenty nice Crappie with four going 2lbs. This has been a strange spring, these fish were in 4-6 feet of water and full of eggs. First of any size I have in the shallows all spring. Like I said it has been a strange year so far, Turkey season was late, and if this day's catch means anything, there are still spawning Crappie. Any thoughts or theories on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meat on the Table
    No church sunday night, put the boat in about 4:30pm and fished two and one half hours. I caught twenty nice Crappie with four going 2lbs. This has been a strange spring, these fish were in 4-6 feet of water and full of eggs. First of any size I have in the shallows all spring. Like I said it has been a strange year so far, Turkey season was late, and if this day's catch means anything, there are still spawning Crappie. Any thoughts or theories on this.
    Seem like it's been a weird weather pattern everywhere this spring. My fishing buddy and I caught a nice stringer last Thursday, and one female still hadn't spawned, bright yellow eggs with red vessels. The rest of the females were absorbing what was left of their eggs. And we're farther south than KY. Mother Nature sometimes changes things up, too bad she can't tell us how to work around her tantrums.... :D

Post Thanks / Like

I have'nt been in two weeks last i caught was in about 2 to 4 foot the water temp had gotton up to71 72 73 degrees caught about 35 kept 23 and they wern't that big two or three 14" the rest 10" 11" I want to try to do a little night fishin but I'm not set up quiet yet. maybe in a few more weeks i'll be ready between work and honey dooo's