Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tolling cranks ??????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tolling cranks ??????

I read a previous post on this and have a couple of questions.
    Do you use a line counter or some other method of measuring the line you let out. Just wondering about the repeatability.

What size cranks do you like to run? I have heard 200 & 300 series bandits. What size bomber A's?

A friend has a book called "precision Trolling". It list trolling depth for a lot of different lures, but not the Bandits.

Thanks alot. This IS a great board.
    Just wish I was closer to some of the better waters. (nw oklahoma)

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up couple tips....

Quote Originally Posted by Oksrt55
    Do you use a line counter or some other method of measuring the line you let out. Just wondering about the repeatability.

What size cranks do you like to run? I have heard 200 & 300 series bandits. What size bomber A's?

A friend has a book called "precision Trolling". It list trolling depth for a lot of different lures, but not the Bandits.

Steve
    ........................on most rods from reelseat to first guide is 24" ..just measure 2' distance and paint or tape mark at 2' spot.....u can use this to measure line out...once u find correct length of line out for catching mark line with permanent magic marker..."sharpies" work good ,different colors blue, red, black etc.....then let out line to mark..hope this helps
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oksrt55

Line counters would be very exact but most people just use a regular cast with the bait and strip a rods lenght of line at a time for more distance. Cast in back yard a time or two and measure it. If you cast 50 ft but want a 70 ft. distance just strip 20 more ft. from the reel using the rod as a ruler.

Probably a 2A or 6A depending on desired depth.
    I posted a chart on diving depths and size of varios crank baits.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=7902

There is a companion book Precision Casting, I do not know if bandits are listed.
    There are literally hundreds of crankbaits. Action and color could be what entices a crappie to hit. Trolling in my opinion is searching for a reaction strike
    ( see it, bite it) rather than a presentation strike where the fisherman is attempting to fool the crappie into thinking the offering is real. What triggers that reaction strike today may not trigger the strike tomorrow. It may not trigger it 5 minutes later. Whereas a minnow will catch one virtually any day.

Steve