Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keelshield or Keelguard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keelshield or Keelguard

What if any is the difference in these two. I had heard one is supposed to be tougher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwun View Post
    What if any is the difference in these two. I had heard one is supposed to be tougher.
    I put the Keelshield brand on mine because it came with a lifetime warranty. It still looks new and it has been on more than one concrete ramp.
    I don't know much about the other brand but there is alot of info on the Bass Boat Central web site about them.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat HAD a Keelsheild on it when I bought the boat new. You see, I said Had. It tore and almost made the boat flip on its side. I now have truck bed liner were it hits the ramp. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on either.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you attach truck bedliner material to the hull? OR is it the roll on type?

Also, has any ever tried one of the keelguards(or shield) or bedliner on an aluminum hull. I've got an aluminum boat that is in really good shape except for the paint scratches on the keel where it hits the ramp. I've always explored the idea of a keelguard but couldn't get either company to guarantee it would adhere to aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

Its roll on. And I have a aluminum deep V.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Hamby's Light ... the company has been bought by Megaware, the makers of Keelguard but the Hamby's is still available. I prefer the Hambys because it has a groove down the middle to help it fit to the hull. Have to order it. Hamby's Beaching Bumpers

Intended for use on glass hulls (all of them are) Don't know how well it will adhere to aluminum.
    Last edited by ShortStorie; 10-18-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Most all of the guys I fish with have some sort of protection on their keel. I know for a fact it will save you repairs if you do "Beach" your boat much. I fish by myself quite a bit and some of the places I launch do not have a pier so you have to pull up into the bank. Most of these guys use the Keelshield.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the Keelshield on my boat for about 4 years. The key to it is proper preparation prior to installation. Mine is still like new, never shown any indication of delamination. I helped a friend install one on his boat and it has worked like it should for 3 years.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a keelshield no problem with mine
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Hambys it had to be glassed on. It is a very good keel guard, Alot of guys around here run them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast