Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gone Too Long

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gone Too Long

I am finally back online! My previous job went out of business and I been in a money struggle. I am now re-employed, thanks in great part to my former boss who set me up with another company. The good news is, I am on the rebound for now. Needless to say, my fishing trips have stopped. Since I just got online again, I had to catch up on the crappie.com stories and reports. Just as luck would have it, there is a SOCIAL this weekend! I have never been to one, and man do I need it now more than ever. If Mrs. Foot can see clear to agree to me spending the money, I am going to put forth a very big effort to be there. I would be alone, as any potential crew are not available. I feel sure someone can point me in the right direction. I can bring something if needed, just let me know. I hope to see all of you tomorrow!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wb

welcome back foot, glad to hear that you are on the rebound
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back from Morganton. Glad things are lookin up.
    Hope to see you on the Rock tomorrow ! Me & skeeterdude will be in a
    19' Red & black Skeeter w/ 150 Merc.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome back foot it wouldnt take me long to get in bad shape if that pay check wasnt there every week try to come early and hollow at nat he will point you in the right direction
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

hey foot. jobs is getting scarce around here. glad you landed you one. welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like

Went home to charge batteries on Friday Eve. Nothing. Check connection. Nothing. All electrical systems dead.Start tracing 18 year old wiring. Cold, wet and dark with clip-on hat light. Finally gave up at 10 o'clock wet, tired, and disgusted. Probably more disappointed than anything. As much as I don't want to admit it, the tears were very close to pouring. Can't win for losing. Finally found a hot power strip that had shorted. My fire exitnguisher's metal handle had rolled around against the hot terminals, and there was a horrendous meltdown that dead shorted both batteries past the point of even taking a charge. Turns out that there were no fuses or any other proper wiring at all. I was lucky that I didn't have a serious problem on the water - leaving me stranded, at best. So I spent all afternoon Sunday gutting and replacing wiring throughout. Everything will be properly fused, watertight connections, new conduit, and new batteries relocated to a totally dry compartment and placed in a box. No more open live connections. I should have done it sooner, but I didn't investigate before now. Thank you - whoever you are - to the person who did this wiring job to begin with. I'm gonna get that fire extinguisher mounted properly as well:o. I should finish this weekend, but may have to wait on the second trolling motor battery untill I can afford it. I hated to miss the social. I hope to try again next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Went home to charge batteries on Friday Eve. Nothing. Check connection. Nothing. All electrical systems dead.Start tracing 18 year old wiring. Cold, wet and dark with clip-on hat light. Finally gave up at 10 o'clock wet, tired, and disgusted. Probably more disappointed than anything. As much as I don't want to admit it, the tears were very close to pouring. Can't win for losing. Finally found a hot power strip that had shorted. My fire exitnguisher's metal handle had rolled around against the hot terminals, and there was a horrendous meltdown that dead shorted both batteries past the point of even taking a charge. Turns out that there were no fuses or any other proper wiring at all. I was lucky that I didn't have a serious problem on the water - leaving me stranded, at best. So I spent all afternoon Sunday gutting and replacing wiring throughout. Everything will be properly fused, watertight connections, new conduit, and new batteries relocated to a totally dry compartment and placed in a box. No more open live connections. I should have done it sooner, but I didn't investigate before now. Thank you - whoever you are - to the person who did this wiring job to begin with. I'm gonna get that fire extinguisher mounted properly as well:o. I should finish this weekend, but may have to wait on the second trolling motor battery untill I can afford it. I hated to miss the social. I hope to try again next time!
    Hang in there...........

Post Thanks / Like

dont get no worst when youre wanting to go fishing good luck
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Makes me feel better. I know that their are those out there with problems that make mine look foolish. I am glad to have the worst part over with now so I can concentrate on the most important thing...FISHING!!

Post Thanks / Like

could be worse indeed, i had high hopes of being there myself.......but things happen and had an above the knee amputation wednesday that killed my fishing plans for a bit......but the crappie are just growing and this fine bunch of fellas will still be here when things get better...so we gotta just hang in there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast