Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Better than a Yak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Better than a Yak

Some of the guys posting in the kayak rant were talking about the virtues of a yak for fishing hard to reach areas. Well, check this out, seems far superior for fishing.Carolina Electric Boats, line of Twin Troller Boats, Foot Driven Boats, Electric Powered Fishing Boat, Hands Free Fishing Boat, Twin Troller X10
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Neat!!

Thank you for the heads up Filletfrier. Very interesting little craft.
    I would question the manuvering through vegitation though. Open pads or heavy type weeds might work out ok, but I would think that the slimy, thick, algie we get here would clog it up. It don't look like it would handle much in the way of wind waves with two folks on board.
    Lots of positives there to outweigh the negatives though. I would consider one for sure if the times were better.
    Technoligy is comming on fast. This is the best I've seen in the plastic floaters. Thanks again ,ole Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool little pond boat. Way better than the other little bass buggies I've seen.

There are now motorized kayaks, Hobie peddle kayaks, and even a pedal-prop kayak.

I still like the old-fashioned light weight and simplicity of a paddle yak. Plus i need exercise whenever I can get it. I got a workout this weekend chasing down schooling striper on Lake Murray Saturday during the kayak fishing tourney.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great luck with this little craft. Cabelas FishCat Panther. 30# Minn Kota Endura for power.

Post Thanks / Like

nice little boat
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Go look at the Native Watercraft Ultimate Volt, and Propel, and be prepared to drool.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

OldFox...I like! What kind of water have you used it on. Any moving rivers? Is it comnfortable?

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, might have to look in to gettin me one of those puppies!
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHound View Post
    OldFox...I like! What kind of water have you used it on. Any moving rivers? Is it comnfortable?

The Hound
    CH...
    They are rated for moving waters, but I use it in ponds around my area. It is extremely comfortable, ...it has a cushioned seat, foot rests, oars, Hummingbird 565 portable, rod holders, anchor and lots of storage. The wheel in the front is used to move the boat from my p/u, down a plank, and to the water. It is easily removed in a few seconds. Truck to launching takes under 10 min..